Lena

Re: Warning Codes - Car with ! Exclamation Mark

Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks, Kenny. Super helpful. I'll keep learning more.
Lena
2014 i-MiEV

Lena

Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Oh, and ...my car definitely wouldn't start again after that code popped up. Even a few days later. I tried it again before I had it towed to the dealership.
Okay, back to reading the other p1a15 posts.
Lena
2014 i-MiEV

bobsouth

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:46 pm

The "car with the exclamation mark" showed up on our non functioning work iMiev which had been unused for some time. .. The meter was showing about half charge but I put it on charge anyway and went home to get my mulitimeter and came back to find the 12v battery was at about 10.9v so I put it on charge as well. After a few hours it had reached about 12.5 the warning light had gone and I was able to drive the car a short distance. However soon it stopped working and the warning light came on. I will buy a new 12v battery tomorrow but more worrying was that the charge on the main battery did not appear to have increased. When I have installed the new 12v battery I will try to charge the drive battery again. I don't know if the charging system requires the 12v to be in good condition. I hope it is not permanently damaged!

kiev

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Yes the 12V aux is a critical item required for driving and charging. Hopefully that is your only issue, and typically it is only a temporary fault. Let us know how it works out for you.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Return to “General Technical Discussions”