Help Identify Connector, 12V Output of DC/DC Converter

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

i'm trying to identify who makes these connectors--the big black connector hanging off the side with the fat white wire coming off the 125 Amp fuse in the DC/DC. The mate also has this fat wire and runs up to the 12V Aux battery. The only markings on the plastic connectors that i can see are "11962" on the fixed end and "11963" on the wire harness side.

GwAW0Dv.jpg

Here's a picture looking into the mate which has a crimped socket with locking features. The stationary side has a flat blade like a faston tab, but it is much larger--the blade is 10mm wide and 2 mm thick. The white wire is like 4mm diameter or AWG 6. i broke the white locking tab while trying to remove the crimp terminal, so i need to replace the tab, and get a new crimp lug to make a harness.

uZUOyTz.jpg

Hi Kenny,

I don't know that connector.
Fastest might be sending your pics and dimensions to some of the big, online connector dealers and
seeing if they can chase down what you need.

Good health, Weogo

Especially since that is a single wire going thru a gland nut, It would not be a sin to do a butt splice in place of that connector and just unbolt the wire inside the box and pass it out through the gland nut if you ever need to remove the charger again. That connector is there mainly just to save installation time. But of course you probably know this and are trying to make it compatible with all the other chargers out there for a repair customer...

Back