kiev

Re: Onboard Charger (OBC) Failure - P1AFE

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 am

Those components are on the bottom board in the AC Input path. One of those ceramic resistors also has an internal fuse, may need to check it also. i think a few folks have had those parts fail, there my be some discussion about how they made and tested the repairs.

Did he replace those parts from above, or did he remove the waffle plate from the bottom board?

Post #2 of the troubleshooting thread has a Schematics section.

This is link 1. to the schematic and discussion for the AC input. The sketch of the relay is a generic relay and not the actual part on our board, so ignore the pin numbers.

Your Uncle will need to check that the relay is okay and working. This could be done with an un-powered continuity test. The relay coil can be energized by 5VDC at Diode D301 (reverse bias across the freewheeling diode to energize the coil).
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

jray3

Re: Onboard Charger (OBC) Failure - P1AFE

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Those smokey-looking wires are just the sleeve that was placed around them for extra insulation (keeping them extra warm). Both the sleeve and wire were still flexible in the two chargers I’ve opened up, but looked the same as this.
2012 i-SE "MR BEAN" 102,600 miles
2000 Mazda Miata EV, 78 kW, 17 kWh
1983 Grumman Kurbwatt EV,170 kW, 32 kWh
1983 Mazda RX-7 EV 43 kW 10 kWh
1971 "Karmann Eclectric" EV 240 kW 19 kWh
1965 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet

Return to “General Technical Discussions”