i-MiEV and Lexia 3 and Diagbox

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ambrozie,

Also I never tried, it is said that lexia does only work with the french versions of the imiev (c-zero and ion). For the imiev you would need at MUT III interface, the software and a laptop with an older Windows version.

Best,

tom

tdigsi said:
Hi, works without problem ;)
Are you sure ?

Although the VIN number on a C-Zero/Ion is detected automatically by Diagbox you have to enter a valid RPO number manually, which is not actually printed on the car. (I looked mine up on Puegeot service box)

Diagbox has a database of vehicle VIN numbers built into the software that lists exactly what ECU is present in every supported car sold by Peugeot/Citroen. So the VIN number of the vehicle is used to look up this database and build a list of ECU's to search for and query.

If i-Miev VIN numbers are not in this database it won't know what ECU's it should be looking for and will say that it is an unsupported car.

So although I have not tried it, I suspect it will not work. I have a Lexia 3 with Diagbox that works on my Ion but I don't know anybody nearby who has an i-Miev to test it on.

I upgraded my diagbox to expecting do some codings to my miev, so was no problem to connect thru peugeot or lexia, the biggest probelm, I did not found what I was looking for, it is more less same as easy diag, but it works for shure, connects to modules, and etc..
I have some fault related to missing can signals, from keyless module, and others, but the car does not have these, so I thought maybe possible to do some coding as you can do in vag cars, but could not find any, only adatation for lights, mirrors, and some other..

tdigsi said:
I upgraded my diagbox to expecting do some codings to my miev, so was no problem to connect thru peugeot or lexia, the biggest probelm, I did not found what I was looking for, it is more less same as easy diag, but it works for shure, connects to modules, and etc..
I have some fault related to missing can signals, from keyless module, and others, but the car does not have these, so I thought maybe possible to do some coding as you can do in vag cars, but could not find any, only adatation for lights, mirrors, and some other..
I can do key coding for my Ion with Diagbox 7.xx. It is after all the same tool that Citroen/Peugeot use to code new replacement keys they supply for the car. I have also used it successfully to unlock the radio code lockout and discover the PIN code for the radio as the previous owner lost it.

As I said, because it won't recognize the VIN number of the car it won't know which ECU's are installed so you may not have all options available to you or it tries to query ECU's that aren't present in the car. I'm surprised it worked at all!

can you check on your, is it possible to make adjustments what modules are installed in the car, example keyless module, if you able to do, I should give up, and tell that on miev diagbox does not work:)

tdigsi said:
can you check on your, is it possible to make adjustments what modules are installed in the car, example keyless module, if you able to do, I should give up, and tell that on miev diagbox does not work:)
First tell me what you mean by "keyless module" ? ;)

I assume you mean something to do with the fob/remote - but on an Ion/C-Zero it is not keyless, it has a normal blade key, an RFID imobiliser chip and a two button remote lock/unlock remote. It does not have passive keyless entry.

in cluster i got U1116, KOS CAN timeout /not equiped. As I understand it is missing signal of keyles system, looks like it thinks there is KOS..

I can confirm that the Peugeot Diagbox software and adapter works just fine with all 3 cars - iMiev, Ion and C-zero. I have used it successfully on all three (I currently have an Ion and iMiev, but have used it on a friends C-zero without problems).

Regarding the RPO number, just enter 00000 (five zero's) and it's accepted.

Have fun!

Really? That's great news.
I have Diagbox but never tried it on an i-Miev because i heard it didn't work with Mitsubishi's variant of the car.

Can you be a bit more specific? What version of Diagbox did you run? What operation system?
Thanks!

smueller99au said:
I can confirm that the Peugeot Diagbox software and adapter works just fine with all 3 cars - iMiev, Ion and C-zero. I have used it successfully on all three (I currently have an Ion and iMiev, but have used it on a friends C-zero without problems).

Have fun!

OK, tried it. It worked with my I-Miev!
China Lexia, Diagbox, C-Zero or Ion selected, detected the car and read fault codes.
I also programmed the comfort flashing function.
Global test did repeatedly not find all modules. Which ones it did not find varied.
Thanks for letting us know!

Is there any function in MUT III that is not available in Diagbox?

datom said:
Can you be a bit more specific? What version of Diagbox did you run? What operation system?
Thanks!

smueller99au said:

Have fun!

Sorry for the delay in posting... I've been busy fixing my DC/DC charger. Solved now.

I use a VMWare Windows XP Pro installation with Diagbox 7.57. It works just fine will all 3 cars. Note that the Ion and Citroen have the PSAradio together with the PSA SOS box in Europe. Whenever I run Diagbox on all the cars it always comes with a comms fault on the steering wheel controls because they just don't exist on these builds. But this is normal - it also happens on my Peugeot 5008 and 206. There are some ECU's that are not in all builds.

MickeyS70 had mentioned this in another thread, so I thought I'd post it here as well as his slightly-edited follow-up response to a PM from me. Thank you, MickeyS70!

Also, I've updated the description and links in the Tech/Reference Articles (Read Only) to include this thread.
Testing and Monitoring Apps and Tools and Scanners

MickeyS70 said:
mwahlgreen said:
By now I would also really like to know where I find a MUT(3?) for the car here in DK?
I have an OBD2 LX dongle from Scantool (for canIon)
Hi there
I was looking for an MUT3 for ages until someone mentioned that Lexia/Diagbox (for IOn/C-Zero) will also work with an I-MIEV. So I recently got a clone on AliExpress and luckily I still had an old laptop running Win XP.

Haven’t had the chance to do in-depth testing but so far it works great and seems to be a real low cost (less than $100) alternative to MUT 3.

MickeyS70 msg_id=4588 said:
I went on AliExpress and searched for “Lexia3 Diagbox” ...

I got mine shipped from France so it arrived within a week.

The DVD provided has various versions and good installation instructions; I went as far as v7.57 and it works just fine.

It also specifically mentions that the SW will only run on 32bit windows (XP) but this can be done on any OS using VMWare or similar; just adds a bit more complexity but well worth the effort…

Back