Brakes - 2012 same as 2014?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justind

Hi,

I think it's time for me to replace the front brake pads and rotors, 5 years/75000kms. It's not that I use them very much but the rotors are rusting.

I'm looking around for parts options (Canada or US online) and I was wondering if the 2014 has the same pads and rotors as the 2012. If it does then there are more options available to me. As an example Rockauto doesn't even show the iMIev as a model for 2012 but does show pads and rotors for 2014.

Thanks,

Justin

I have a 2014 with 156,000 km and I'm located just north of Montreal
Still with the original brakes - so far so good.
I have them cleaned and inspected on my once a year service appointment .
I'm due for my next one in May.
It will be my last major check up as my Battery warranty will be over at 160,000 km.

The rotors get surface rust every time I don't drive the car for 2 or 3 days - It wears off the first time you touch the brakes. I can't imagine that I'll need pads or rotors before 200,000 miles. I seldom touch the brake pedal until I'm down to 15 or 20 mph

I sold a Toyota Supra once with 150,000 miles on it and it still had the factory pads and rotors

There's a guy in Ohio right now who has 435,000 miles on a 2012 Chevy Volt and he's still on the original pads and rotors

Don

Back