Car preconditioning while charging?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdysthe

Hi,

So I've got my iMiEV home and it's charging. It's a cold morning and I want to heat it up, seats and the car itself. Can I do that while it's on the charger? If so how? Do I "start" it with the key first, or? Bear with me, I'm new to this so this may be a silly question :)

If you have the remote control that came with the car, you can indeed heat it up while it's plugged in. Assuming the only EVSE you have is the 120 volt 12 amp L1 unit that came with the car though, charging will pretty much stop while it's heating up as the heater will use most all of the power coming to the car

The instructions for using the remote control are in the owners manual - If you don't have that, the instructions are here on this website also . . . . you may need to look around a bit and do some reading

This should get you started: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2757

Don

In addition to what Don wrote, I might add that, now that it's winter, you might simply leave the seat heater switch ON. When you turn on the car heating with the Remote then the seat will heat up as well.

(I don't remember if the 2014 came with seat heaters for both the front seats?)

PS I changed this topic title to zero in on the question - easier to find in the future.

Thank you for answers (and title). We got our 2014 IMiEV last night so very new to it. One additional question, is the remote supposed to come with the car?

cdysthe said:
..One additional question, is the remote supposed to come with the car?
Yes! I am sorry that I failed to emphasize this before you bought the car. We pretty-well address things to look for in this thread on evaluating used i-MiEVs:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2435

Unfortunately, the replacement is very pricy - around $800 for the Remote (but we now know how to reprogram it ourselves, thanks to jray3).

Back