Illustrated Parts Breakdown

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
Well, it finally happened, no sooner had I written about our 'snoutless' cars that my wife found a garage support structure column at the local Whole Foods which jumped out and bit her on the right front bumper :roll: - squished it into the fender panel, breaking the white plastic thingy holding the bumper attached there and slightly dislocated the right DRL, in addition to a significant scrape in the bumper itself. She had borrowed MY i-MiEV Mitti :cry: as her Mitsi was a little low on charge after all the doc visits we did together yesterday. Not to worry, as Mitti is the one that already has a damaged back bumper (unknown parking lot incident?), so this sorta balances things and it's much more calming to have this happen to a used car. For now, I've pushed and pulled the bumper so it's sorta back in place, but this will have to wait for a few months before I can crawl under there and properly check things out.

Anyway, after I've poked around a bit under the car I'll have to buy some i-MiEV-specific parts, and thus the question: is there an Illustrated Parts Breakdown available anywhere for our i-MiEV?

So far, the couple of the online Mitsubish parts outfits don't even show the i-MiEV! :evil:

Phximiev said:
Sounds like an insurance claim to me....
I added the rolling eyes to my statement about the support column hitting the car. :) After the miserable payout on my first Gen1 Honda Insight which was totaled when hit by an uninsured drunk driver, I cancelled collision coverage on every car we own except, of course, my wife's Mitsi (this is the one we loan out to visiting houseguests), which she wasn't driving. :( I've probably saved enough already to pay for this but since I'm not fussy the scraped bumper will be just fine. For now all I see broken is the white plastic part holding the bumper up against the fender so I'm starting out looking for this part and don't even know where to start looking at an IPB.

Update: the white plastic thingy is called Front Bumper Side Bracket in the i-MiEV repair manual.

OK, just forewarning you that things come in 3's... so keep the last one home for a while !

That is still a bummer.

I got a free compost bin and it barely fit into the hatch of the 'i'. Upon taking it out it hit the bumper a couple times. Nothing really big, so I thought. Now I have 3 gouges in the rear bumper, still black all the way through, but wow it scratches easily.
And you are correct, it doesn't bite you so bad when it is a used car. Now I just don't care,

Howdy Joe,

Do you have the factory service manual on CD? There is a section that is focused on body work and frame measurements that may have diagrams of what you are looking for, although it is not a true parts manual--have yet to find that in the wild...

KiEV,

I just had a PM conversation with Joe regarding the service manual. Unfortunately, it doesn't list part numbers, which is what he needs. I just referenced my manual searching for this information.

Looks like that is the EUR version which I think is less width.
But good to know it is out there

FrostyCanada, thanks so much for that link (by the way, it's JoeS that needs these parts, not me ;) ). Tigger was correct that the bumper you linked to was the Euro model, but I found parts for the US model.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Mitsubishi&ssd=%24HQARW1d0AAIKDUg0JS5dYWRge2VwXV5VWA%24&vid=5099&cid=3&uid=124542

Joe, great news. Those brackets are $2.24 a piece.

FrostyCanada, thank you for putting us on the right track. The part number is 2400A210 (Front Bumper Right Side Bracket) and is the same on both the Euro and NA models. Love that price, and I'll poke around to see what else they have that might be useful (e.g., convex Euro driver's side mirror?). Incidentally, really cool how simply hovering the mouse arrow on top of the item without clicking highlights the item in the bill of materials as well.

Discovered this morning that the right front turn signal doesn't work (sigh)... just another item to fix.:(

Turn signal may be as simple as being unplugged. I noticed one of my rear marker lights wasn't working. Felt around between the inner fender and bumper shell and found the connector laying loose.

I was hoping I could buy a battery pack, but there are none in stock :cry: :mrgreen: .

tigger19687 said:
Can we get that as a sticky in the tech section?
It is still good info
Auto Parts Around the World

Well, I placed an order with them, buying not only the bracket but also a handful of two types of the plastic pins for securing the bumper and shield. Parts total was around $10 and the shipping (FedEx) also $10. Interesting that they're located in UAE. Good website and they take PayPal.

I will hold off adding them to as a sticky until after I get my parts, supposedly 4-7 days.

Edit: Changed from 3-4 days to 4-7 days (the 3-4 days was for their express service).

Parts have been delivered, as promised. Correct parts arrived, as ordered. Adding this outfit as a Stickie.

FedEx had delivered the parts to their local distributor at 1:38am local time on Wednesday morning. They attempted to deliver on Thursday (why a one-day layover in the neighboring town?) but we weren't home so they left a tag and delivered today, Friday. Interesting that FedEx tracking considers it delivered when they turned it over to their local subcontract distributor.

How do you manage to order something from there? I've been looking into right-hand side mirror, but I click on the part and it shows no results. I clicked some others around it and it was the same. Is it simply bad luck and I'm looking for parts that aren't available?

Availability seems sparse on that site, but there are some items available. If nothing else, it is handy to look up a part number and order from a dealer.

Which part of the world are you in?

***EDIT***

Nevermind. I saw one of your other posts mentioning Portugal.

Back