Failed windshield washer pump

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinoale

Hello,

I have a Citroën C-zero, 2012, great condition.

My first glitch with it is a failed washer pump. I took it out, it is a DENSO 060210-4930.
It is totally rusted from the inside, the seal must have leaked I guess... right after my 2 years garanty.

Citroën charges 77 EUROS for that single part (w/o labour cost).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As I don't want to pay such a silly amount for what appears to be a perfectly standard plastic 12V pump that should cost $15, I am trying to source that pump elsewhere but so far, no success !

No luck on ebay or googling that part number... where should I look ?
Can anyone tell me what is the OEM part number, maybe I can find another brand instead of a Denso ?
Any help appreciated

Cheers

$15? - There are new ones which fit BMW's on eBay foe less than $3

Do an eBay search for 'Mitsubishi windshield washer pump' (forget about the art number) and get one which looks like your old one. There are a few dozen there which they claim fit Mitsu's and many of them are $10 or less

Don

I've had no luck doing all sorts of searches, even google image.
Those on eBay don't look even remotely like the one in my C-zero.

Until I found another reference that looks exactly the same. Ordered it for less than 25 euros shipped. Not $15, but in the range of normal prices over here.
http://www.autospark.eu/shop/windsh...n-lang-windshield-washer-pump-12v-mitsubishi/

It should be a drop-in replacement, crossing fingers...
Still can't believe Citroën rip-off price. What a joke.

Anyone know a North American supplier that has something that will work? Preferably in stock.

I took my used iMiEV purchase in for a mandatory safety today and found out the motor doesn't work. Shop wanted $180 CDN for the part.

Back