Jacking up vehicle

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDY4004

Had a flat Tyre at home today. My wife managed to hit the Rockery on our drive and tore the Tyre open. Puncture repair kit supplied with car obviously no good. I don't have a jack but my neighbour has, the only problem neither of us are Mechanics as you can tell, and we weren't sure where to Jack the car up. There is nothing in the Handbook. I don't want to risk Jacking it up in wrong place and damaging it so will call a garage out tomorrow, unless anybody can give me some advice in the meantime.

If you look under the car just behind the front wheels or in front of the back wheels, you'll see a vertical seam with a notch cut out of it - This is the reinforced spot which was designed as the jack point

Don

Don said:
If you look under the car just behind the front wheels or in front of the back wheels, you'll see a vertical seam with a notch cut out of it - This is the reinforced spot which was designed as the jack point

Many Thanks I thought I'd get a few laughs asking this question but my my other Vehicle a VW Campervan clearly states in Handbook were the Jacking Points are. Tanks for your help Andy

Back