MUT3/MUTIII Clone Software

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinwinlow

Hi All,

I bought a MUT3 clone off eBay in 2014 which worked fine with my original iOn. I subsequently lent the MUT3 to someone outside the UK (sent it by post). It was eventually sent back and since then I have not used it as I sold on my iOn. I have recently bought a sick i-MiEV and now urgently need to fire up the MUT3 to diagnose the i-MiEV's issues.

Unfortunately, the laptop I had the MUT3 software installed on has since died and now I can't find the bally original MUT3 software disc. The original eBay seller kindly arranged for me to download the software but it won't install on my latest Windows XP laptop (comes up with a batch file error when run from the memory stick I downloaded it onto).

Can anyone help with a copy, please? The MUT3 has "Model X005T79471 Lot No 5Z31 on the back.

Alternatively, if someone more computer-literate than me can advise on how to get the software to work, please PM me. Perhaps it must be loaded onto and run from a CD...?

Thanks, Martin Winlow.

martinwinlow said:
Can anyone help with a copy, please? The MUT3 has "Model X005T79471 Lot No 5Z31 on the back.
I have the 2012 CD-Rom with the i-MiEV extras. I've never had any success actually installing the software; I assume my Windows isn't old enough, or I need the actual MUT hardware, or something else. I was only ever interested in reverse engineering it, so I didn't try too hard to install it.

Is 2012 too old for your i-MiEV? If not, I can help you with finding it, or just send it outright via PM. I can help with hosting it on bittorrent, if that means anything to you. (It's a way of distributing large CD-Rom sized images, like Linux distributions. )

In case it helps, here is the text that came with the original post (now very difficult to access):

=====================
Dealer program for the diagnosis of Mitsubishi

Extras. Info: Works only with its VCI
These reprogramminga (CD3E11121-COPY MASTER) must be written to disk, and install it.

Year / Date: 2012
Version: PRE11121-00, RPG - ECU REWRITE ROM DATA CD3E11121-COPY MASTER
System Requirements: Windows-2000, Windows XP Pro
Language: Multilingual

wmcbrine said:
What does the error say?

Thanks for replying...

It says (exactly...) 'M.U.T.-III Version Checker' (this is the error box title), the next line starts with a filled red circle with a white 'X' in it followed by 'Starting of a batch file went wrong.' Under that is the usual rectangular 'OK' button.

Not wildly informative!

MW

@coulomb...

Thank you for your reply, too.

Hmmm... certainly I would think the year won't matter but is your software specifically for the MUT3? If so, it might work but it doesn't sound definite enough to be worth the hassle of organising the transfer of the software, I'm afraid - unless I have misunderstood? Given that the original supplier of my MUT3 has sent the software for it, it might make sense to fully explore that avenue first. I've tried asking them to just send a CD but they have stopped communicating...

martinwinlow said:
'Starting of a batch file went wrong.'
It might be permissions on a batch file. Mine has about a dozen batch files; perhaps check permissions on all of those and make sure that they are executable.

is your software specifically for the MUT3?
Oh, yes, and with the i-MiEV specific extras, which are the hard part to find. But try and sort out what your supplier sent you first, that makes sense.

coulomb said:
martinwinlow said:
I have the 2012 CD-Rom with the i-MiEV extras. I've never had any success actually installing the software; I assume my Windows isn't old enough, or I need the actual MUT hardware, or something else. I was only ever interested in reverse engineering it, so I didn't try too hard to install it.

Is 2012 too old for your i-MiEV? If not, I can help you with finding it, or just send it outright via PM. I can help with hosting it on bittorrent, if that means anything to you. (It's a way of distributing large CD-Rom sized images, like Linux distributions. )

In case it helps, here is the text that came with the original post (now very difficult to access):

=====================
Dealer program for the diagnosis of Mitsubishi

Extras. Info: Works only with its VCI
These reprogramminga (CD3E11121-COPY MASTER) must be written to disk, and install it.

Year / Date: 2012
Version: PRE11121-00, RPG - ECU REWRITE ROM DATA CD3E11121-COPY MASTER
System Requirements: Windows-2000, Windows XP Pro
Language: Multilingual

Could you please send me the image or archive of the 2012 CD-Rom with the additions of i-MiEV? Сan google drive

Turnik79 said:
Could you please send me the image or archive of the 2012 CD-Rom with the additions of i-MiEV? Сan google drive
Try this link to a zip of the files (526 MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujgwMVd5u0Ylr-zKz2ZI7CMC7bFK4YUf/view?usp=sharing

I didn't realise I already had that zip up there, so I have the unzipped version now too (790 MB):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10vzwCb8ovLymEOIIn5HktQEjb6C3wQQU?usp=sharing

I hope it works out for you.

Hi Turnik79,

Sorry, I should have updated this thread. I found someone on eBay who sells a MUT3 clone who sent me the files in the end. They were for the newer (I gather) 'M.U.T.-III SE' version but works OK with my MUT3. You would definitely need the MUT3 to get anything out of the program as without it you won't get beyond the first 'System Select' ('No response from VCI' (MUT3) error).

I have been using it to successfully diagnose and repair what turned out to be a failed IC on one of my 2009 i-MiEV's cell module BMS PCBs (http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4308).

MW

Back