excellent i-MiEV review

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archie_b

The September edition of EAA's CurrentEVents magazine has a front page review of the i written by Rich Burns. It is a well written review which is very favorable while still pointing out areas in need of improvement.

I could not find an on-line copy of this review, but anyone who is not a member of the EAA can log in on their web site at www.electricauto.org. Click on the Current EVents for 2012 to find the September 2012 edition.

Gee, thanks! And the guy on the cover is really handsome. :oops:

I would have liked to have posted the article here, but can't due to copyright, which I understand.

If someone would like a copy, PM me with your info and I can do it that way.

I would encourage folks to consider joining the EAA- it's a great organization and their newsletter shares lots of good stuff about what's going on in the EV world.

Members have access to the archived Current EVents magazine going back several years.

I will be doing another article over the winter with my thoughts on driving the i-MiEV in the North Country of New York in the winter.

Cheers-

Rich

I didn't have a home wiring inspection when I bought my i-MiEV. How hard is it to say "no, thanks"?

leec said:
I didn't have a home wiring inspection when I bought my i-MiEV. How hard is it to say "no, thanks"?

I wanted to go "by the book" in my purchase of EVSE due to the pretty strict language in the Mitsubishi sales agreement and make sure there would be no questions if a warranty issue came up (8 years is a long time!). In my case, the dealer paid the $99 fee, so cost wasn't a question, it was more the annoyance factor.

I understand your circumstances were different, since you live in an apartment with no "private" charging facilities available. I did ask the sales rep how they could enforce some of the agreement if people were using non "partner" public EVSE, didn't get much of an answer.

The EAA's website is mostly in Comic Sans. Seriously? How can I take any group seriously if they use Comic Sans? It's unprofessional and looks childish. :evil: As a professional graphic designer for over 20 years, that makes me sick.

Back on topic: Since my driving is limited to around 20-40 miles a day, I have no problems using the level 1 charger for everything. I plug it into a GCFI outlet immediately below my circuit breaker. I seriously doubt I'll have any problems. I also have a 240V outlet right next to it. I may get my plug modified for 240V charging if I feel rich some day.

Back