First Date: 2015 Mitsubishi iMiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacti

http://gas2.org/2015/08/04/first-date-2015-mitsubishi-imiev/

This week, I was excited to be testing the 2015 Mitsubishi iMiEV electric car. Other Gas 2 writers checked out earlier versions of the tiny EV, but 2014 brought a freshened interior, upgraded sound, and a lower price to the table. Would that be enough to make me fall in love with the little Mitsu, run out to the dealer and buy one? Let’s see!

Starting with the wrong model year date (there was no 2015 i-MiEV in the US) this, sadly, is another useless 'review'. Other than offering the reviewer's own perspectives on the vehicle's 'looks', the brief description barely touches upon the car's attibutes. Far better, in the Comments section, is tpolen61's summary.

The review had an overall positive tone to it, and I hope the reviewer provides more insight in future updates as he becomes familiar with this vehicle.

The reviewer is optimistic, and it sounds like this posting is about the first time seeing the car. More will probably come along as the car is tested. According to the reviewer's reply, the only catch so far is the slow level 1 charging, but mile for mile, you get the most from 110 in the i-MiEV compared to larger capacity EVs such as the Tesla. Over 16 hours of level 1 charging and sitting overnight unplugged in a convention center, and it only gained 30 miles. 16 hours of level 1 would pretty much fully charge an i-MiEV.

Back