Another i-MiEV bash job

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLucas

Either rigged or non-NA cars have lousy ASC. Even with ASC off on packed snow, my i-MiEV wouldn't spin like that. I got almost sideways and the tires acted like plows and automatically started to straighten the car.

Same here. On a winter road with a decent coating of packed, smooth snow/ice, my i-MiEV did very well with only regen on the rear tires slowing me down, barely slipping at all.

I'm tempted to recreate this. I know people that have Volts, LEAFs, a speckling of Model S, and a Th!nk City.

The i-MiEV wasn't the only one losing control. The BMW was all over the place. The Model S just had the weight advantage but still a very biased report. PV1 - that would be good to recreate this test. I definitely smell BS on this one.

Well, the BMW had some driver influence, too. He was really cranking the steering. The i-MiEV driver also did a tad too much over-correcting. The i-MiEV (and really any car) only requires a little turn to the direction you want to go to correct.

We were about to get on the highway one day a few winters ago in our Tahoe. The back tire hit a pothole and kicked the Tahoe sideways at 45 mph :shock: . Turning the wheel 90 degrees left of straight was all that was needed.

I was able to get similar results with an i-MiEV this winter by turning the ASC off in an empty snow covered parking lot. While driving I turned the steering wheel hard and pressed the accelerator to the floor to do some really fun spins. The faster I went before turning the steering wheel, the more I could get the car to spin. My spins were way better than those shown in the video!

Back