Nice Review with Technical Information

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
A nice positive review with a goodly amount of technical information. His discussion of our excellent braking system merits reading.

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/38616/2013-mitsubishi-i-mev-se-electric-review-test-drive

Dunno why he's talking about a 2013 iMiEV, as Canadians were the only ones to receive this model - I didn't see a mention of the heated seats as I recall the 2013 had those for both driver and passenger. We are continually reminded of perspectives by ICE drivers, as it's amusing to read that the motor "shuts down" when at a stoplight.

Besides being wrong about the model year and when it was introduced, he's also wrong about the name describing it as an "i-MEV" throughout his review.

It's nice to read a positive review, but I wonder why it was published only now when it's almost impossible to buy a new i-MiEV.

Yes, pleasant to read an unbiased review for a change

I think he drove and tested an ordinary USA 2012 model and he's just mistaken about the year

The way he writes, you would think only the SE model has power windows, mirrors and many other features which are standard on both models. I don't think he understands the charging system well either - He says the L1 charger is 'onboard' and the L2 charger is 'garage mounted' when actually, the charger is the same for both . . . . only the EVSE is different, but I don't think he understands the difference

The motor 'shutting down' comment is a holdover from the last hybrid review he wrote I suspect - Since our motor is directly connected to the wheels, it's a given that it's not doing anything when the car is stopped

Don

Back