I Miev on discovery channel

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbb99

There will be a show about the Mitsubishi i miev on, the discovery channel on August 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z_JbaSMBgo

I have never paid for cable or satellite TV. Broadcast television is *free* an an antenna in the attic and a digital box and it works great.

Maybe Discovery will have it online on their web site?

That is cool. I can't wait to see it, but I'll have to hope it will be on YouTube of the Discovery Channel web site. We only have basic cable and I don't think we have this channel. We don't even have air conditioning either.

"This is when I wish I had cable."

HA- proof positive that us iMiEV drivers are a bunch of cheapskates! :p
I dumped my subscription containing Discovery, History, and the channel formerly known as The Learning Channel when they became nothing but a bunch of 'reality' pablum.

Looks like it's only on Discovery Canada anyway, so here's hoping it goes online soon.....

jray3 said:
"This is when I wish I had cable." HA- proof positive that us iMiEV drivers are a bunch of cheapskates! :p
What's Cable TV? What's Satellite TV? Over-the-Air HDTV is just fine, thank you - with lots of quality international and PBS commecial-free programs that I don't mind paying the stations directly for.

Mitsubishi iMiEV Marketing, take note: we alleged cheapskates splurged and purchased your unique very expensive product - why? Maybe we know something the rest of the populace doesn't... :mrgreen: :roll:

Back on topic, hopefully this Discover Channel show will become available online.

Well I was going to watch the show but found it was only being Broadcast in Canada. I live in the US. I did contact the discovery channel (US) and asked them to broadcast the show in the US.

I haven't received a response back from the Discovery channel US.

here's two videos, maybe they were part of the 1 hour program.
http://www.discoverychannel.ca/birth-of-a-mitsubishi-i-miev-electric-car/web-extras/

Pulled up at a charging station to charge up and was accosted by three different people interested in the car -
Asked all kinds of questions.

2 of them had seen the show -
Stirred up some interest!

I tried to watch the show on DiscoveryChannel.ca and all I got was a bunch of advertisements and the three videos that area already available on the web site. This was going to the Video link, searching for 'Birth of a', finding the show and clicking on 'Play'. I was hoping to see the whole program.

Finally got a chance to watch this program on the Discovery Channel website. Makes me feel proud to own the i. They really put a lot of thought and effort into this car. I like the quote from the president of Mitsubishi motors, it goes something like this: "Accepting the electric car, means rejecting the technology of the past." That just resonated so well with me, its exactly the way I feel about the car.

Some interesting facts I gleaned from the program - don't be afraid to say I heard it wrong, but it seems to go like this:

A lot of the car is still hand built like the battery assembly which contains over 300 parts! No wonder those things are so expensive. They show some really good footage of the battery including the cooling/heating system and how it works with the cars climate control systems.

The motor is also hand assembled onto the rear subframe and then loaded into the engine bay on the assembly line. They mentioned that only the most skilled workers are allowed to build the motors.

We get more welds in the electric car than the gas car. 18 of them are still done by hand but once the car meets a certain production quota those will go robotic as well.

Very interesting program, I wish they would run this in the US. Probably sell a few more Mitsubishi i's.

Back