New Honda EV . Similar IMIEV idea!! It’ll work???!!!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clovi

Take a look on this new urban EV from Honda:
https://youtu.be/MfD67KCFxqI
Urban, Rear motor, rear wheel drive, 124 miles of range(EU IMIEV has 100) !!
Similar idea, practical, etc... like my 2 IMIEVs!
Why Mitsubishi don’t update the IMIEV? The project is more than paid, etc... What was bad in my opinion was the marketing!! Was Horrible!Enjoy,

Cheers

clovi said:
Take a look on this new urban EV from Honda:
https://youtu.be/MfD67KCFxqI
Urban, Rear motor, rear wheel drive, 124 miles of range(EU IMIEV has 100) !!
Similar idea, practical, etc... like my 2 IMIEVs!
Why Mitsubishi don’t update the IMIEV? The project is more than paid, etc... What was bad in my opinion was the marketing!! Was Horrible!Enjoy,

Cheers

I think that should sell well if they get the price right. It's very much a true Honda recipe, unlike many of their recent offerings of late. Though it looks squarely positioned between the BMW i3 and the IMIEV - so I would expect it to be priced as such... so probably not far off Leaf money. And this is also a ground-up EV, unlike the Imiev, that was originally ICE. I do like the frame-less doors, and the fact it's not in any way mini SUV flavoured.

If 124 miles uses the same EU testing cycle, then it's probably more like 80, as I never get more than about 65 on the Imiev.

Mitsubishi motors are now part of the Nissan/ Reanult conglomerate, so I would expect any future Imiev to be very much Reanult Zoe shaped... itself based heavily on the previous Leaf.

I like it...except for 3 things:

1. That top-mounted charge port is going to have major problems with snow. Even the fender-mount charge port on my Bolt builds up snow inside as it sits at an angle. The i-MiEV doesn't have this problem with its completely vertical opening.
2. The pillar-to-pillar screens. One touch screen mounted low isn't bad, but I feel they're going to be battling glare pretty bad with that setup. I find I turn off the radio screen in my Bolt all the time at night because the dimmest setting isn't enough. LCDs are simply louvered panel lights.
3. The windshield wipers, like my Bolt, park below the dashboard. They better have heater traces on that bottom section of the windshield to keep them from freezing in place (guess who didn't have wipers again this morning after a snowfall :twisted: ).

Totally agree with the hood mounted charger port - the door is too big, it's too liable to be caught or tampered with, and the lead could also end up rubbing the bodywork. Plus, I always like the chargers on the rear of the car, it always seems to be more convenient when I park at home or away.

The IMIEV, with the traditional fuel filler flap is perfect.

4) that fake wood vinyl will end up looking pretty shoddy quite quickly I believe.... and the ports on the centre console also look like they will lead to an unergonomic mess.

also, it it me, or are manufacturers ditching leather seats en mass? I think Toyota have started this, their EU line-up features almost no vehicles with leather, except the very highest spec on some models, and that's just not how it used to be. Modern cloth seats can have this very cheap and nasty feel and look (including the 'eco fabric' used in the I3)... unlike the velours of say 20 years ago (which were better than leather IMO (think Gen 3 Accord)... ok 30 years ago. Though I note that Toyota UK are just about to re-release the Camry after about 15 years absence, which was interesting to me.

Hi Folks,

From the pictures it appears to be smaller inside than the I-MiEV.
For me, the bigger volume is important.

Any idea how much it weighs?
The relatively light weight of the I-MiEV gives it a bit of a lower power draw going
up and down the mountains that surround my house.
(A LEAF weighs about 1000# more.)

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Back