I-MIEV discontinued in UK

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad. You do have to roll your eye regarding their suggestion that - if you had your eye set on a subcompact electric car - you might want to consider a far larger PHEV SUV or a gas burner subcompact. At least they further recommend the option of finding a used i-MiEV (somehow I don't think I'd ever see something like that on the North American site, if circumstances were different here.)

Benjamin Nead said:
Too bad. You do have to roll your eye regarding their suggestion that - if you had your eye set on a subcompact electric car - you might want to consider a far larger PHEV SUV or a gas burner subcompact. At least they further recommend the option of finding a used i-MiEV (somehow I don't think I'd ever see something like that on the North American site, if circumstances were different here.)

I think the Renault Zoe is doing well, lots of those about - the nearest substitute and the people I bought the IMIEV from bought one as a replacement. Though I have only come to the conclusion that although the design of the Zoe is nice, more conventional etc - its not as good as the I-MIEV.

Also, if anything - it may raise the status and bolster used values a bit on the I - unsure.

If the car lasts 5 years, it will have paid for itself.

What does this mean for the clones, the C-Zero and iOn? Isn't PSA still under contract for 100,000 units?

PV1 said:
What does this mean for the clones, the C-Zero and iOn? Isn't PSA still under contract for 100,000 units?

I think that agreement may have fallen by the wayside on mutual agreement. There isn't going to be anything like 100k of them... I'm not sure they are still supplying these anymore either.

I tried sending them a message, but couldn't submit the form. It appears that you can only submit the form if you are in the UK.

See: http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/enquiries/customer-service.aspx

Phximiev said:
I tried sending them a message, but couldn't submit the form. It appears that you can only submit the form if you are in the UK.

See: http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/enquiries/customer-service.aspx

Ive done it for you:

'I note that the 'I-Miev' lists as 'sold out' on the Mitsubishi.co.uk website. Could you please confirm whether this will be reintroduced, or it is officially discontined or otherwise no longer available in the UK?

Will Mitsubishi continue to supply PSA group with the Peugeut Ion and Citroen C-Zero, or are these both discontinued and otherwise unavailable in the UK too?'

... though doubt Mitsu will answer details on behalf of PSA.

Phximiev said:
Thanks, now if we can get 500 or more UK i-Miev owners to do the same?

<Begin forward reply from Mitsu Cars UK>

'Thank you for your website enquiry.

I write to advise that the I-Miev is no longer available here in the UK, with regards to the other vehicles you have mentioned I would advise that you contact the respective head offices of them here in the UK who will be able to advise further.'

... It's gone.

Back