Tucson, Arizona, now has a new Mitsubishi dealership

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Nead

Hi all . . .

With all the news of the parent North America company seemingly in retreat nationwide (ie: Normal, Illinois, factory closing this past year, etc.,) I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from a fellow local i-MiEV owner here in Tucson today that one of the large local multi-brand dealerships is now selling and servicing Mitsubishi. The Quebedeaux (pronounced KAY-buh-dough ) franchise is best known around here for selling Buick, GMC and was once the local Pontiac outlet.

I headed over there to check it out after work. Driving an i-MiEV onto their lot caused a bit of a stir, as I'm guessing the salesmen hadn't seen a live example before mine. The staff was friendly and, even though land line phones hadn't been installed yet and business cards were still being printed up, they were quick to jot down my contact info on paper.

There are at least 3 other i-MiEV owners in town that I'm in regular contact with and I think all of us are due for the Takata airbag recall. I'm brave/silly enough to drive up to Phoenix (100 miles to the north) to get this taken care of, but I'm guessing my fellow meevers down here were planning on having their cars flat-bedded back and forth. Now, we can all get service like this done locally.

:D

I got a postcard about a new Mitsubishi dealer opening up in my town just a few weeks ago. It'd be a lot more convenient for me than the place I bought my car from. However, on mitsubishicars.com, the new dealership doesn't have the green "i" that indicates i-MiEV certification. :(

I just looked at the Mitsubishi site for Quebedeaux; it doesn't have the 'i' sign either. Perhaps the site needs to be updated?

Thanks for the clarification, guys . . .

I know that Quebedeaux is not going to be selling new i-MiEVs. They also don't have the little "green bean" i-MiEV certification next to their name on the mitsubishicars.com site. But does that mean they do not have factory authorization to do any sort of i-MiEV maintenance or sell parts? I've just submitted those questions to MMNA for clarification and hope to hear back from them soon.

The Mitsubishi dealership here in Rockford won't touch mine, not even nice about it.
Have to drive to Elgin next week for the Takata recall...54 easy miles.

Sure enough, I heard from MMNA and they told me that Quebedeuax isn't authorized to service any of the i-MiEVs owned by us Tucson EV drivers. :(
But this might not be always the case. I stopped by the dealership this morning and spoke to another representative there, who indicated that them going the extra step to qualify for such servicing isn't completely off the table. I think there's realization with them that Mitsubishi is generally moving ahead into an electric car future - even as the i-MiEV is being de-emphasized - and that they might want to prepare for that. More to come on that front . . .

Was super disappointed in Anderson Mitsubishi here in Rockford.
By the way I am envious with your QC Chademo spacing between Tucson and Phoenix,
Wish it was that way all down route 66 for my upcoming trip…

That Arizona EV guide is very neat, JoeS. Thanks for sharing it. The state government did have a fair amount of such outreach when Janet Napolitano was governor (she was only held office for about a year, before the Obama administration snagged her away for the Homeland Security cabinet post position) and I'm guessing this put together during that time. We don't get tax breaks on new EV purchases to add onto the Federal (up to) $7500 one, like neighboring Colorado and California. But annual registration on an EV - used or new- is tiny a fraction of what it cost for a comparable ICE. You also get a nice-looking light blue license plate with puffy white cloud graphics as part of the the state's Alternative Fuels vehicles program.

Very good news received last night in an email from a fellow Tucson i-MiEV owner (not on this list.) . . . Quebedeaux Mitsubishi (they're less than a mile from my front door) is now authorized to service i-MiEVs. They are now showing the vaunted "green bean" logo next to their listing on the Mitsubishi Motors North America web site.

Phximiev . . . I'm still planning to make a Phoenix trip - possibly as early as this weekend - to assist my son pack up his old apartment and move across Tempe to another one, before the fall ASU semester gets underway. I won't be making the long drive up there in the i-MiEV, but I'll still be checking in with you for that cup of coffee. :) More later . . .

Really? We are in CA at the moment with our Turo Prius, see the Ride Sharing topic.

We will be back on Saturday late tho and will look forward to hearing from you.

Back