2016 i-miev about to be announced!?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the car show last month in Montreal with DonDakin & we spoke with a Mitsubishi rep. He mentioned the coming of a 2016 model later in 2015....
He also mentioned that one of the improvements would be a faster rate of charging. Guess we have to wait and see.

I got the email a few days ago that Mitsubishi will be at the Pittsburgh Auto Show, so we'll see what they have to say and what cars they have. I (politely) showed my disgust in their lack of effort in selling the i-MiEV. The one guy from Corporate gave me his email and requested that I send him pictures of my i-MiEV for "marketing". Anybody see any of these pictures out in the world:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ut430mte562rbep/AAA8cFCX_kend54J2ScLVyESa?dl=0

It seems that the i-MiEV is an every other year car. What I'd like to see for the i-MiEV's survival:

EPA range of 110 miles
6.6 KW or larger charger
Regen brake lights
Cruise control

I came across a promo for the EU i-MiEV with 2015 improvements including some interior refinements and regen brake lights, but I can't find it anywhere now.

BenBrown said:
Anyone know anything about this?

http://insideevs.com/exclusive-look-whos-back-2016-mitsubishi-i-miev-arrives-for-us-in-march/

I'll believe it (in the sense of actually seeing significant stock on dealer lots) when I see it.

PV1 said:
It seems that the i-MiEV is an every other year car. What I'd like to see for the i-MiEV's survival:

EPA range of 110 miles
6.6 KW or larger charger
Regen brake lights
Cruise control
Energy efficient heat pump heater
Better insulated cabin
Battery heating/cooling system (not air)

Holy Moley. At least one thing about Mitsubishi marketing is consistent- their ineptitude! :oops:
To make such a non-announcement and provide absolutely no detail is almost worse than continued silence.
If this were a greatly-anticipated car, teaser announcements might serve a purpose, but since in most minds it is an also-ran that had been written out of their purchasing plans long ago, Mitsu needs to get on the ball if they expect to revive the i.

jray3 said:
...... Mitsu needs to get on the ball if they expect to revive the i.

AFAIK (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Mitsu is still doing well in Japan and Europe with the various clones of the MiEV..... So I guess that should maybe read "if they expect to revive the i in USA and Canada.

And I guess even "revive" is charitable...... as it never even got "vived" in the first place. ;)

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles-on-display/2015/mitsubishi/i-miev/

Here they are calling it a 2015

Wonder what the price will drop for the used 2012 !

Mitsubishi Confirms No Price Cut for 2016 i-Miev Electric Car, Adds Optional Touchscreen Navigation Package

https://transportevolved.com/2015/0...touchscreen-navigation-package/#disqus_thread

http://www.automobilemag.com/featur...miev-adds-navigation-package-starts-at-23845/

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/293859461.html

Starting MSRP of $22,995 (net starting MSRP of $15,495 after $7,500 Federal tax credit)
New touchscreen Navigation Package available for 2016 model
Arriving at Mitsubishi Motors dealers in late March 2015

Click here for full press kit

CYPRESS, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today announced specifications and pricing for the 2016 i-MiEV—a 100 percent electric-powered vehicle—which will arrive at Mitsubishi dealers across the United States in late March 2015. With a starting MSRP of only $22,995*, the technologically advanced i-MiEV is the most affordably-priced electric vehicle (EV) available in America today, and after factoring in the Federal tax credit of $7,500, the net starting MSRP is reduced to $15,495**.

Despite its affordable price point, the 2016 Mitsubishi i-MiEV comes equipped with a variety of welcome standard features such as heated driver and front passenger seats, remote keyless entry and heated side mirrors. The i-MiEV also features a comprehensive vehicle warranty that includes a fully-transferable 8-year/100,000-mile limited warranty for the lithium-ion main drive battery pack and a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.

“Mitsubishi Motors is committed to developing EV and PHEV technologies,” said MMNA Executive Vice President, Don Swearingen. “The Mitsubishi i-MiEV is a safe and reliable form of environmentally sustainable transportation and is a great option for those looking for a 100 percent electric vehicle.”

Additionally, a new Navigation Package is available for the 2016 Mitsubishi i-MiEV that includes an MMCS navigation system with 7-in. touchscreen display, real-time traffic, 3D mapping and Mapcare®, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, USB port and rear view camera.

I can't wait to see when/where it actually comes !
Right at the beginning of Spring would be a great time !

Loved the mixed messages. That Automobilemag spread used one North American i-MiEV and one World version in the photos! I'm curious as to which country gets that front bumper, which has recesses for both a Euro-style license plate and a North American license plate. We get neither, here in North America. (or is that white car EVen a MiEV- maybe a gasser?)
2012-mitsubishi-i-miev-front-three-quarters.jpg

jray3 said:
(or is that white car EVen a MiEV- maybe a gasser?)
2012-mitsubishi-i-miev-front-three-quarters.jpg
It looks like the plastic panels under the battery are there, so I'd say that is a MiEV.

i gas
mitsubishi-i-03.jpg

i-MiEV
mitsubishi-i-miev.jpg

Judging by the bumper, that is for the Japanese market. There are no foglight spaces, and it has LED headlights.

Yeah, definitely should've put a 6.6 kW charger in, since the i-MiEV is now the only EV with a 3.3 kW charger unless you go for a bare bones LEAF.

But now that they are ahead of the model year, how about some actual attempt at selling the car, huh? Please? Anybody? Hello?

All sorts of upgrades would be welcomed . . . . but the same basic car at a much lower price is probably an even better idea and that's the route Mitsu is apparently taking

We bought our car for $30K (before tax credits) and the Navi package would have been $3,500 more - My brother just bought an SE Premium with 4,000 miles on it with the navi package for $8700. It boggles the mind!

Jacking up the car's new price several hundred bucks to add a 6.6 Kw charger probably makes more sense for the Leaf which has a larger 24 Kw battery to recharge than it does for our 16 Kw pack

Still, a few things (6.6 charger, cruise control, better, more efficient heat) would be nice . . . . we can dream I guess . . . . .

Don

That 6.6kW charger would have offered a significant distinction from its predecessors to tempt someone like me to perhaps trade in one of my i-MiEVs. As I said elsewhere, without a significant upgrade and all these used i-MiEVs now coming off lease, why buy new?

What I'm disappointed in is that Mitsubishi (unlike Nissan) has not reached out to an experienced user's group such as ours and solicited inputs.

Back