Finally the 2014 i-MiEV on Mitsubishi's Canadian website

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HParkEV

I think Mitsu Canada is running low on the 2013 stock, they have finally put the 2014 car as available to build on their website.
The price is $27,998 which is about $2k higher than the US MSRP at today's exchange rates. Only one trim level available.
The blue is now called Aqua Marine Blue on both sides of the border, so I assume its the same colour.

HParkEV said:
I think Mitsu Canada is running low on the 2013 stock, they have finally put the 2014 car as available to build on their website.
The price is $27,998 which is about $2k higher than the US MSRP at today's exchange rates. Only one trim level available.
The blue is now called Aqua Marine Blue on both sides of the border, so I assume its the same colour.

That's $1000 more than the Smart ED list price. Smart was offering $3000 dealer discount and $1000 loyalty (for existing owners) when I bought. Is Mitsu offering any discounts on that list price?

I saw the Canadian 2014 Miev at my dealers showroom.
The had the passenger front seat heater with a switch but do not offer the alloy wheels.

Looks pretty similar to the 2013. It doesn't have the blacked out door sashes and the alloy wheels of the US 2014 model. The 2013 Canadian model had a passenger heated seat, if I remember right. Maybe they just changed the name of the blue color and its model year, but it's still the same as the 2013 model. Just a hunch.

Sandange, what color was the one you saw at the dealer? What was the interior color scheme?

SmartElectricDrive said:
That's $1000 more than the Smart ED list price. Smart was offering $3000 dealer discount and $1000 loyalty (for existing owners) when I bought. Is Mitsu offering any discounts on that list price?

There is currently no discount on the 2014 model.
The 2013 model had a $7k discount on it, but it was priced at $33,998. Therefore, effectively the price drop is wiped out by the lack of incentive, with the 2014 model ending up $1000 more than the 2013.

They do offer 0% financing for up to 84 months on the 2014, and there is a $500 loyalty incentive in place, so overall I think its pretty competitive with the Smart ED, although with four seats it serves a different clientele. More importantly, it needs to compete with the Leaf which is now priced at $31,798.

Back