Misleading and barely mentioned

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindholm

At the bottom of this article it mentions (pokes fun at) i-Miev sales, I was actually a little surprised to find out some new 2012s were available after the discounts last summer.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1090645_plug-in-electric-car-sales-for-feb-leaf-record

Kevin

I added my two-cents' worth to Voelker's post, which I considered tongue-in-cheek. Come May, our i-MiEV will have the price advantage (in addition to what I consider a superior vehicle for everyday grunt work) and I can't help but think that later on in the year the Kia Soul EV will give the other manufacturers a run for their money (if it's competitively priced)...

Not directly on topic, but having to do with the misleading info being put out there.
I ran across this comment in a story. (It also had the comment about how low Miev sales are.)
-------------------------------------------------------
Another black eye came last month from Kelley Blue Book, which released a study showing that electrics tend not to hold their value as well as conventional models. The Chevy Spark EV will sell for 28% of its $28,305 list price after five years, while the gasoline-driven Spark will hold 40% of its value, the research group said.
-------------------------------------------------------
If one actually does the math, (at least in CA) the EV car would be worth 43% of it's actual cost after rebates & credits. That of course is assuming that their value assumption in 5 yrs is at all correct. And from an economic perspective (ignoring all the green issues) that doesn't take into account any of the savings in fuel & maintenance over those 5 yrs. The forces trying to keep the masses driving ICE vehicles are sure working hard! Unfortunately, too many of the consumers believe them.

JoeS said:
...the Kia Soul EV will give the other manufacturers a run for their money (if it's competitively priced)...
Kia is going "upmarket" with the Soul with "upgraded interior materials" and things like a power-open charger cover. The Soul EV is NOT going to be a bargain.

Back