Edmunds.com, the 17 Worst Cars You Can Buy-Send your review!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clovi

This is what I could find from this guy, that , I don't know and I don't want to know!!!
Comparing the IMIEV with Tesla!!!!!!!, Focus electric , Leaf...
Please send your reviews to this edmunds.com.
It is not our fault that Mitsu doesn't have a great marketing department!!!

Worst Electric/Alternative-Fuel Vehicle: 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV

Published: 08/05/2013 - by James Riswick, Automotive Editor

Yes, they really do sell the Mitsubishi i-MiEV in this country. Yes, you really can drive it places besides the 18th fairway or the controlled confines of the Shady Pines retirement village. Yes, it really is that terrible and embarrassing to drive.

Go beyond that, as well as the dime-store interior, and you'll find an electric vehicle with less range than every other solely battery-powered car. It can only go 62 miles on a full charge, which is roughly the distance-to-empty that triggers most drivers to start searching for the closest Shell. Plus, the i-MiEV takes longer to recharge than its rivals. True, this Mitsubishi city car is the least expensive EV on the market, but its price tag of $20,000 (including the $7,500 tax rebate) speaks to its cheapness rather than its value.

With cars like the Tesla Model S, Ford Focus Electric and Nissan Leaf, we know that electric vehicles can be viable.
The i-MiEV gives them all a bad name.

Left a review for the i-MiEV, and left some negative feedback through a survey about the car reviews :mrgreen: . Here is my post (screen name pvev) in case I get "moderated":

I can't believe the bad reviews on the Mitsubishi i-MiEV. I can't find where the shortcomings are true.

Rough Ride? My i-MiEV rides smoother than any other vehicle I've ridden in, including Cadillacs and Teslas.

Spartan interior? It has heat, AC, radio, digital instrumentation, and heated seats. I find the interior to be very functional in real life. A car like this doesn't need a nav radio with its range. If you don't know your way around in a 35 mile radius (round trip on one charge), you better already have a Garmin, a map, or shouldn't be driving.

Slow? I very often beat cars off the line without trying in ECO mode. I also find myself hitting the speed limit way before I anticipate, it just accelerates that well, without flooring it. Punch the accelerator and you are gone, freeway speeds in no time at all. No problems hopping on the 70 mph highways to get across town in a hurry. In rush hour traffic moving at 65-70 mph, I get range similar to driving 35-40 mph on surface streets. On seamed concrete, you do get a little teeter, but it is nothing compared to the bobblehead effect you get in an SUV.

Cramped interior room? The i-MiEV has more interior room than many larger cars. There is no shortage of headroom or legroom in the front or back seats. Cargo capacity with the back seats folded down is truly impressive. Two tall guys and an electric road bike have no problem fitting inside (friend of mine sells electric bikes, we were heading to an event).

Sure, it's not going to be as luxurious as a Tesla Model S. It was never meant to be a luxury car. It was designed to be a low-cost, everyday driver that saves the owners money, and it does that very well. It is the workhorse of the EVs that just happens to be very fun to drive, handles well, and rides very smooth.

If it is such a bad car, why do the owners love them, and why have I had so many people wondering where to get one? I would truly like to know what vehicle car reviewers test prior to getting into the i-MiEV. There is nothing on the road so comparatively wonderful that makes the i-MiEV look like garbage. If you are interested in the i-MiEV, do not listen to car reviewers. Go find one at a dealer and drive it. Most likely, you'll take it home with you.

I am in no way affiliated with Mitsubishi other than being a satisfied owner of an i-MiEV that in my mind, is a much better deal than the LEAF and Focus Electric.

Link:
http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/the-17-worst-cars-you-can-buy.html

Be sure and enable your ad blockers for their site, so they don't get any money for you visiting them. :twisted:

All in all, there are some decent cars there on their list. I don't mind our i-MiEV being on the same list as the Lotus Evora.

I also upvoted your posts, guys. :)

We gotta vote with our feet, so to speak - If a magazine, website, organization willingly hires (and evidently pays) a writer/reviewer who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, then it's time to boycott them. Oddly, this bozo evidently hasn't read all the positive reviews of the iMiEV on their own website. Possibly, just maybe, the OWNERS writing about their own cars would mean more than some guy who probably hasn't driven 10 miles in one??

I've caught Consumer Reports publishing some horribly biased, literally ridiculous reviews and recommendations over the years, so now I never visit their website - I do get a good laugh when they send me a postcard inviting me to subscribe though . . . . to think I might want to PAY to read their misinformation is always enough for a chuckle! :lol:

Don

Back