Greater Montreal Area gets its first Fast charger

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandange

I just noted that the first fast charger was pinned on the Plug Share map at a St Hubert BBQ restaurant location, 500 rue Albanel, in Boucherville. Located south east of Montreal east of HY 25
I have not confirmed this, but certainly welcome them and congratulate them for being the first, ---

Probably the best solution for keeping our EV Mobile and warm for winter driving, bring them on.

Any idea how much it will be cost to use the service?

Here in Estonia they announced prices for charging from the brand new fast charging network yesterday. There will be three price packages, two with a monthly fee, and one without it.
For those, who will use fast charging less than 5 times per month, it is most reasonable to use the package without a monthly fee, having flat rate 5 € per charging.
For those, who will fast charge more than 7 times per month, it is most reasonable to use the package with a monthly fee 30 €. There will be no additional charging cost for the monthly amount of energy used up to 150 kWh. Otherwise 1.2 € per charging is added for charging over 150 kWh/month.
The third price package is for those, who can keep the number of fast chargings per month between 4 and 8. They have to pay a monthly fee 10 € and additional price per charging 2.5 €.
Tricky, isn't?

It is necessary to have a contract with the operator to have an access to a charger. The price package can be choosen or changed and the contract can be signed online. To activate a charger one needs a personal RFID card, provided by the operator or this can be done by mobile phone (the number must be tied with the contract).
Until February 2013 all clients can use fast chargers for free. One fast charging session lasts up to one hour, then it will be cancelled automatically.

There are 124 fast chargers installed and operative all over Estonia of planned 163.

That is really great news. It's worh a run to the south shore one of these days to try it out.

I have no idea the charge to charge.... but I hope it is the standard CND $2.50 per charge of the regular 240 Volt chargers. If they jack it up more then that it really eats into the nice economics of the EV.

This is the web site : https://evnet.avinc.com/evportal/LecircuitElectrique/default.aspx

If anyone uses this charger please post and let us know how it goes.

Don.......

Kuuuurija, I'm so glad to see Eesti leading the way again in technology. I loved the open WiFi in Tallinn when I used to visit. This is just another example of a responsive government. I'd love to have another opportunity to visit. My good friend has family in Kilingnomme (terrible spelling sorry) so maybe I'll be back one day soon.

Just visited Plugshare.com and the marker pin indicating the high speed charger has been removed for this location,
however if you click on the regular map pin for this location, there are 2 photos ,
One looks like the regular level 2 charger from Circuit Electrique.
The other I believe is the high speed charger, Not sure, have never seen one close up.

If anyone from this area has been there, it there would be nice to have some feed back.

Ok here we go
The Yo Yo effect
The first Montreal fast charger station is back and pinned on the plugshare.com map, again --

But no one has left a comment or confirmation on plugshare.com -
I hope someone would please confirm it and report back.
Anyone local game for a mini road trip?

Hi Sandange,

I was speaking with the Quebec rep for suncountryhighway.ca really nice guy and very well informed on EV's and charging infrastructure. He mentioned that this was a test unit L3 in boucherville so I guess it's there but he could not confirm the status.

I head to the south shore from time to time so one day I will drop by if I can but if it's not working it will be along time to get back home. Perhaps someone in the area can confirm if it's up and running.

BTW suncountryhighway.ca is a cool site with a nice mandate and they already installed tons of free chargers across the country with more to come to reduce the distance between chargers.

Cheers

Don.......

Thanks DonDakin for sharing the great Sun Country Highway link of their charge network.
Things are looking up as more and more charge stations are becoming available.

But.......we definitely need the fast chargers in order to make BEV more convenient & accepted by the public.

I just might take the Miev for a "walk about" to check out this fast charger -
but its just at the limit for me as a full day trip , especially if I can not use the fast charger..
I think I'll call them and ask a lot of questions before I decide to head out there.

I attended the Montreal auto show last Friday and had a chat with a rep from the Hydro Quebec
Circuit Electrique booth.
We discussed the Boucherville fast charger installation and he confirmed that it is a test installation and

I probed a little & asked some questions

Is the Boucherville fast charger available to the public ---Is not available to the public at this time

If the testing would be completed by the end of this winter --- might go on for another year

I asked if they were designing their own charging system --- No, testing ones commercially available

Why the testing was taking so long - to fully test for our extreme cold temperatures.

Are there plans for fast charge stations locations - units are expensive and they are working on sponsors and investors

Still a ways to go before we see some of these , unless some other network takes a lead

The fast charger mentioned previously is still restricted
Butttttttt

It appears we now have a 2nd fast charger station located south of Montreal, located at...

Pharmacie Jean Coutu
3216 Taschereau, Greenfield park, Quebec

announces the following details

wall outlet, EV P ug, Quick Charge, Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Open 24 hrs
450 -465-5225, $2.50/ea, circuit electrique

Any one having visited this location?
Please share your experience.

I'm from NY but I have an Electric Circuit card for a future trip to Montreal. I've been known to participate in the Sports Motor Car Club of Montreal's [SMCC] Economy Run event each June. It's nice to see that they've installed a level 3 unit!

It's official
:D
I just received an e mail from
Le Circuit Electrique

:D
Le Circuit électrique est heureux d'annoncer à tous ses utilisateurs la mise en service de la première borne de recharge rapide à 400 volts, accessible dès aujourd’hui à tous les conducteurs de véhicules tout électriques munis de l'option de recharge rapide.

La borne est installée à la Rôtisserie St-Hubert de Boucherville, située au 500, rue Albanel. D'autres bornes rapides s'ajouteront au réseau d'ici l'été prochain. Vous en serez bien sûr les premiers informés.

Translation

The first public fast charger is available to our members located at the St Hubert BBQ restaurant, 500 Albanel Street, in Boucherville, Quebec
More fast charging stations are to be available in the spring.
You are one of the first to be informed
:lol:
Finally might get to see one of these critters

sandange said:
Yes this the same rate as level 2. Unfortunately not very handy for me ,
I'm 1 hour North of Montreal
Thank you. Yes it's not convenient for me either as I'm 3.5 hrs. south of Montreal, but I do have a Circuit Electric account with credit for 5 charges on my card. I plan to participate in the Sports Motor Car Club of Montreal's Economy Run rally next June. I have entered that event three times in the past but with ICE cars. If I get up there next June I will be the first EV to ever participate in one of their rallies.

Mike

Back