OEM charger for sale

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logandzwon

I'm thinking that I would be willing to part with my OEM EVSE.

Any idea what this thing would be worth? Think I could get $550?

I kinda doubt it . . . . but you never know

You can buy the Legrande switchable 8 amp/12 amp for that much or less

Don

Keep us posted. I'm thinking of getting ahold of one to have it upgraded for my near future electric. I don't really have any wall space for a level 2 wall-mount, so a cord would be my only option.

My recent call to a local Mitsubishi dealer for a replacement OEM i-Miev charger was around $1,335.
My thought was to have a spare OEM upgraded to a combined level 1and 2, but not at that price.
Sounded high to me since some level 2 chargers can be purchased for $750.

New silver ES owner with quick charger, Houston

I had my OEM EVSE upgraded to 120/240@12 amps (~$300) and then built an Open EVSE from scratch for less than $400 which can charge at any rate I select on either 120 or 240. The homebuilt unit is mounted to the wall in the garage, which enables me to carry the OEM unit around with me for opportunity charging

EVSE's are pretty foolproof and don't seem to ever break down, but it's still a real comfort to have more than one at the ready

Don

Lithim said:
My recent call to a local Mitsubishi dealer for a replacement OEM i-Miev charger was around $1,335.
My thought was to have a spare OEM upgraded to a combined level 1and 2, but not at that price.
Sounded high to me since some level 2 chargers can be purchased for $750.

Yeah, that's way too high. For less than that, EVSEupgrade will sell you an upgraded Leaf EVSE that's more powerful than an UPGRADED i-MiEV one, let alone a standard OEM one.

Don, how long did it take you to build your EVSE? Do you have experience with electric work already? I'm debating between the ~$300 ESVE upgrade or buying a slightly more powerful upgraded Leaf EVSE so I don't have to worry about converting mine back at the end of my lease.

You can check out http://www.openevse.com for the home-built units. You do need some basic soldering skills, but the boards themselves are all pre-made for you

It took longer to round up the parts than it did to build the EVSE. Once you have everything, it takes only a day or so to put it all together. You can build anything from a basic L1/L2 20 amp unit to a 75 amp L2 unit, so whatever you need, you can build yourself. The cord and J1772 plugs keep getting cheaper and cheaper - If you just build a basic unit, it can be done for $300 or so, complete

Here's the thread about the Open EVSE, including some pictures of the one I built. I used a clear Pelican case so you can see the 'guts' of the charger inside http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=654&hilit=open+evse+build+built

Don

Back