I bought a Chevy Bolt; i-MiEV For Sale Cheap

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mievo

Hello all. I bought a Chevy bolt. I got bored of the problems with my particular iMiEV. The dealer thought the problem was the motor ($3800), but I drove it to it's resting place; I strongly disagree. I have the [car!] icon on the dash and it hasn't run in a year. I suspect a BMS problem or even the ECU, but I gave up on diagnosing problem after problem and sucked up the cost and got a Bolt. My 2012 Black iMiEV is for sale; asking about $700 for the whole car. Driver's side mirror faring was broken in Newark, mirror intact. The driver door was punched once and has knuckle dents. The car was driven in Florida for 2 years and has June Bug paint damage in the front.

Can-ion says 31.3Ah in battery.

908 477 9910 if interested. Text is best. In a week I will send it to a junkyard.

No pics because I don't know how.

Hi Mievo and sorry to hear about your troubles.

I moved this post into this subforum and modified the topic title to flag it better.

So, does the car run at all, despite the dashboard warning?

Had you replaced or charged up the 12v battery?

It's presently located in New Jersey?

Does it have a Remote?

Does it have CHAdeMO?

Is it an ES or SE?

Joe S.,

Yes I used a non standard 12v replacement to test. No luck. It's currently in Montclair, NJ. It turns on but doesn't go to ready. It is fast charge equipped, base model with winter package I think. It has a remote and one damaged fob key, courtesy of the truckers that moved it from Florida.

The tires are relatively new, but haven't been turning so there's that.

Heads Up, this scenario is likely to repeat soon. A Seattle owner with a 2012 SE Premium (white with blue decals) has only 33k miles, and is considering spending his TESLA stock profits on a Bolt. The i-MiEV has no problems- I replaced the OBC with a salvage unit prior to the recall. It does have a wrinkle in the right rear corner due to a minor impact in reverse... If anyone is interested, PM me for the hookup. ;)

Back