Wanted: Charging remote

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ehstars

Hello. I am yet another used iMIEV buyer that did NOT receive a charging remote. If you have one for sale I would be very interested. Thanks.

I believe the charging remotes have to be coded to the vehicle, and if that is the case then that would be a dealer-only item, and from what I understand they are not cheap - in the order of $1000 (despite the fact it feels like a $30 part). In addition, that is contingent on your car having the electronics within the car (i.e. it was supplied with a remote in the first place). The aerial component part of the system in the car is in one of the tiny windows at the front of the vehicle (the ones that throw light over the dashboard at the sides). On my right hand drive vehicle, the antenna is stuck to the bottom of that right hand window (though a bit tricky to see - you need to view it through the windshield, and it sort of looks like a long one of those store security tags that set the alarms off).

So, this is not an easy or low cost item to source, and depends on whether the car even has the in-car part of the system fitted.

Will say, if it were to cost me c. $1000, i would absolutely not bother with it. The only time I use it is to defrost the vehicle and pre-heat in the winter.

We have 2 IMIEVs in the family, both 2012 model years - mine came with the remote, the other one did not, and has not got the receiver fitted in the car either.

In order to best help you we could use a little more information
What year and model do you have?
European model or North America?
Where are you located
Do you need the remote to preheat your vehicle in the winter?

Once it is determined if the car was equipped for & originally came with the remote and if you can get a hold of one-
There is a posting here ( Can't remember where) that walks you through the process of reprogramming it to your vehicle.

I am in Maine and my 2014 ES came with one but the previous owner can’t find it. It’s a North American. I’m wondering if someone else makes a version of it. It would be nice to pre-heat the car in the winter...

Not to my knowledge. Also, there is the possibility that your 2014 might need a replacement designed for a 2014, as not all 2012 parts are guaranteed to work with the newer models - It would be terrible to pay a few hundred for an NA remote from a 2012 only to find it won't work with your 2014. If it were me, I would urge the previous owner to keep looking for it - Maybe offer them a $100 'finders fee' if they can locate it . . . . even though it should have come with the car when you bought it

Don

Yes, it should be at the dealership where i bought it but they say they can't find it. They couldn't sell it so used it for people in for repair could use it, and listed it last month. No manuals in it either...

MKinsey said:
Yes, it should be at the dealership where i bought it but they say they can't find it. They couldn't sell it so used it for people in for repair could use it, and listed it last month. No manuals in it either...
If it helps, you can find the manual(s) in PDF form online -- just search "i-miev manual".

Back