wanted: Flap/cover for J1772 level 2 port on 2012

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanw

Hi,

I am looking for the sprint load black flap/cover for the level 2 J1772 port, mine has broken off and would like a replacement. Charge port is fine all I need is the cover and don't seem to have much luck in finding just the port cover. Any leads would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks for the offer. I assume you are referring to the metal cover which is part of the fender? I am referring to the black ABS or plastic spring load port cover that keeps water and/or snow out of the charge port. Mine has snapped off as I suspect a previous owner closed the metal cover onto this flap they are in the opposite opening directions. If you have this I will certianly take it.

Hi Sean , I have experienced the flap cover breaking off and had to make a substitute cover. I don't think it is sold separately.

This occurred when i put the car into drive while it was plugged in . It would not go forward but since I was parked on a slope , it rolled forward and ripped the pistol off of the car causing the damage.
I was not the first to have this happen -- here is a posting with the discussion on this subject if you're interested - where I posted a link to my photos of my home made cover.

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2346&p=19527#p19527

Back