Donating it, sorry--2012 SE, 24,000k miles = $5,000 ?? MASSACHUSETTS

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Edit, I am going to donate it. Talked to them this morning and they will be out in 2 days to get it. Sorry, every one is just too far away.

NOT FOR SALE ANY LONGER
Not sure if anyone around here is looking but I am getting rid of mine.
2012 , 24,000 miles, SE, DC charger, arm rest, Canion Dongle, seat cover, EVSE

I am in MA, Burlington/Lexington area.
I know it is far but If there was someone here I would rather sell to then donate it.

all recalls done and the brackets for the AC Compressor are replaced.
New tires this year and some cool stickers ;) hahha

I figure that I would put it on here and if I don't hear anything very soon I will just call and donate it.

Great so far. Drove home today at 2, got home about 3 and then fiddled with the dash stuff.

That was it for today, tomorrow I have stuff to return so it will be Trip Day :D

Nice ride, WAY better on the highway at 75. barely used any juice on the way back that I would have had to DC charge the 'i' full to get home.
AND I couldn't do that anymore because the 1 dc charger there is along that route (free, not a paid one) is no longer available.

Worth the price to go over 200 miles and I don't have to wait for the Tesla Model 3

tigger19687 said:
Great so far. Drove home today at 2, got home about 3 and then fiddled with the dash stuff.

That was it for today, tomorrow I have stuff to return so it will be Trip Day :D

Nice ride, WAY better on the highway at 75. barely used any juice on the way back that I would have had to DC charge the 'i' full to get home.
AND I couldn't do that anymore because the 1 dc charger there is along that route (free, not a paid one) is no longer available.

Worth the price to go over 200 miles and I don't have to wait for the Tesla Model 3

What happened to the truck? :D

tigger19687 said:
You had am iMiEV for 90% of what you needed and a truck for what the i couldn't do

Now you have a Bolt for what the i can't do - I don't understand why you're in such a hurry to get rid of the i?? If you used it for what it's great for . . . . . 90% of your daily needs (like you have been doing for the past year) your new Bolt would last you 10 or 15 (maybe even 20) years

We may get a Bolt one day in the not too distant future too . . . . but we won't get rid of either of our iMiEV's - We'll use them to keep the Bolt brand new as long as possible - Like Joe is doing with his Tesla

Don

Truck was 12 years old and about to have things wrong with it. I think the Fuel pump was going so it was good timing :) Plus really I don't drive it much. To go to NH, haul dirt or something big.

It is just a waste sitting there really, so will the 'i' as I won't be driving it now that I have the Bolt (WAY better a drive).
I am running out of room to have the cars here at my Rental anyway. I want to buy the steel carport to put up, but I only have room for the 2 cars.
The truck was parked on the side lawn so I did kinda hate that and it looks crappy. And the landlord hates that.

I also transferred the EV plates to the Bolt from the 'i' because I liked the LOW number ;)
I also only have one plug for outside, 120v and on that is the Fish pond pump and the EV cord. In Winter it will have the pond heater and the EV cord.

PLUS, why not give someone else a try to learn the EV ropes on a cheap EV ?? :D
I might even just let it go for $4000 but I doubt anyone will want it so I will donate it. They come, tow, auction and I get a tax write off. Win win. :)

My brother's wife wants an i-Miev. Its possibly within their budget. Trick is 4 dealerships in the region just stopped servicing them. Contact me Tigger. And absolutely enjoy your new car.

Ben, that is the issue. The only dealer close enough is not my favorite.
That and the range just kill me.
I just called and spoke to someone about donating it for the tax write off. They will be coming this week to get it.

Tell them to get a BOLT. All EV and no waiting for equivalent Model 3 - think another 3 years before you can get one after all the pre-orders are done.
Unless they are very near me and want to come and get it today, I am afraid it will be gone.

BenBrown said:
Trick is 4 dealerships in the region just stopped servicing them.
Ugh... I still haven't got the last two recalls done on mine; I guess I better get on it, if it's not already too late.

@wmc

i haven't gotten any recalls done either, the main reason is that the mechanic said he would have to drain the pack completely in order to swap out the motor control unit.

The fact is that there would be no voltage on the lines from the pack if the key was off, plus he could pull the main disconnect located under the driver's seat. Oh yeah, they don't have a charging station at their shop--i would have to recharge using level 1 EVSE. So i'll take my chances on getting scrapnel from an air bag and the motor is running just fine...

I told the Mech that too and after he showed me the specs, blah blah blah. It said to drain slightly. I think it meant after to disconnect under the seat, then drain what might be "in the lines"

Anyway, I found that the motor made the Same is not slightly more noise and still a few burps with driving. That might be another reason I got rid of it.
And THE FACT that I had to buy a whole mounting kit for the AC compressor when it was ONLY the rubber screws that went ...at a tune of $200+ Kinda frosted my arse a little.
They didn't have a chager either and after 5 HOURS of waiting they offered to give me a loaner :roll:

wmcbrine said:
BenBrown said:
Trick is 4 dealerships in the region just stopped servicing them.
Ugh... I still haven't got the last two recalls done on mine; I guess I better get on it, if it's not already too late.
The dealership we bought our first car from was only 10 miles from home and they were excellent . . . . but they went out of business. After that, the nearest dealer who services EV's was either New Orleans (90 miles) or Pensacola (110 miles). About 3 years ago, Mitsu paid to truck our first car to Pensacola for a recall - They contracted with a local towing service and they picked it up in the morning, did the recall while the driver waited and he brought it back that evening. Shortly after, we bought the second car and eventually they both needed two recalls. It would have been a two or three day trip for us to try driving them over there (very little charging infrastructure between here and there and one car doesn't have DCQC) so I kept bugging Mitsu about either getting the nearest dealer to us certified (Mobile, about 40 miles away) *or* getting our two cars in to be serviced wherever they liked at Mitsu's expense. Eventually after more than a year of wrangling, Mitsu paid to have them both trucked to Pensacola and brought back 3 days later

I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease!

They have both been absolutely perfect. trouble-free cars and you couldn't pry my wife's hands off the steering wheel of hers for sure. We hope to see the end of the battery warranty on both of them in 2022 :D

Don

Just bumping this to say I got the paperwork back from the Auction.
Sold for $2300.

I did donate it, and can use that off my taxes this year :)
So free towing, free auctioning and paperwork for taxes = priceless ;)

I didn't have to deal with tire kickers. I think the price was good, just wanted others to know what the auctions are getting in the New England area

tigger19687 said:
Just bumping this to say I got the paperwork back from the Auction. Sold for $2300....
tigger19687, thank you for the follow-up. Good data point. Wish you many happy EV miles with your Bolt - I'm jealous of the paddle regen and ability to completely stop the car!

I don't use the paddle at all. I just keep it in L and take my foot off the pedal for a complete stop.
I think I have used the brakes 8 times in the 4 months I have used it ;)

Back