Wanted : 2012 SE

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielk04

New Guy Dan here, from California seeking one of those fine high performance I-Miev's. I am in Sacramento, California looking out as far as 1000 miles in any direction. Let me know if someone has a rust free SE please. Thanks!

Here is a link you can check out for used imiev's.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-d2166?sourceContext=openGraph_false_0&showListingId=146911711#listing=152942656

Hope you find what your looking for.
Joe

Oh yeah......Rust free!

There is one on car gurus. Com listed in Vacaville, CA . Is that near you? It's listed as an ES, but it's actually an SE. It's just like the one I have except color. Mine is White and that one is Silver.

Mr. Watson, thanks for the reply. Tennessee? Oh boy! Can you bring the SE over to California? Should be just one or two quick charge stops. Is it the raspberry colored one? Any listing with pictures?
I saw, and drove, the Vacaville ES. It had no nav, no quick charge and has been sitting in their lot since February. They would love to unload it.
Carmax had two good potential cars in Oregon, but they want too much money. Blast it all !

No it's not the Raspberry one. I have a third white SE that's not listed on my signature. I just bought it, but don't need it. It's kinda weird, I know, but the best way I can describe it is when someone likes this little car, it's like someone who chooses to love an otherwise unloved and abused puppy dog. You see a value that others choose not to see. So I found a homeless but adorable little car, and I'm just trying to find it a good home.

Now for a little education. in 2012 the i-miev was available as an ES which is the base model but quick charging was an option. Also in an SE model which has upgraded features such as Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift lever, Daytime running lights/fog lights, alloy wheels and a brown fabric interior which is an upgrade from the ES's Black fabric, however quick charging was not available on the SE trim. Then there was the SE premium Package (which is actually the car you are seeking) The premium package has the NAV / touchscreen stereo, Back-up camera, Bluetooth connectivity and stereo controls on the steering wheel. Quick charging was standard on this package.

In 2014, 2016, 2017 ES was the only trim (Black cloth seats) but quick charging came standard. The main option was the Nav/Bluetooth stereo.

My white SE is just like the one in Vacaville.

Regarding delivery, It's really a moot point since it's not the car you want, but I have towed an i-miev to California before. My vacation in August of 2016 we towed the Raspberry one behind our motorhome on our three week trip out west. To do so again would be easy, but finding time to do it is another matter entirely.

Good luck on your search. With a little patience, and now a little more knowledge, I'm confident you'll find one.

Yup, if you want Nav & DCQC then you need an SE Premium as the standard SE didn't come with either of those and you couldn't get DCQC as an option either, like you can on the ES models

They didn't make as many of the Premiums as it was about a $4K upcharge from the standard SE and few of us wanted to pay that much extra for features we thought we may never use

We have one of each, a standard SE which we bought new and a Premium which we picked up a couple years later for a great price. When buying used I think it makes sense to hold out for a Premium, as there's very little difference in price between the 3 models on the used market

Don

In late September, I chose and purchased a 2012 SE Premium Deluxe, it has the backup audio warning system. The car was located 3000 miles away from me, in Connecticut, Richards Chevrolet. Odometer a paltry 450 miles. The cars' first home was Vermont, where no one wanted to buy it! Best guess is, that dealership eventually defaulted on the loan, the car was repossessed and bought sometime thereafter, at auction, by Richards Chevrolet. Somewhere along the line the car was registered, so that was the end of "new car" status. Among the 43 photographs they took, I noticed the "check engine" light was illuminated. They jumped right on it, brought to Mitsubishi and they said a code was triggered when the Chevy dealer installed a new 12 volt battery in January this year. Code cleared, all was well. I arranged shipping at a total cost of $1200.00 to California. less than a week later I was cleaning my "new" old stock Miev. I took a big chance and it worked out fantastic. I find it amazing that this car had an MSRP of $35,000 in 2012 and now, five years later, with 450 miles, I can get it for $7469.00. Add tax, license and shipping and I am still shy of 10k. And this car has miraculously been well taken care of. Absent the new car smell, it is essentially new inside and out. My initial range findings are in the 50 to 70 mile zone. I have all 16 bars and CanIon shows 43.2 amp hours on the main battery. I done okay!

43.2 Ah on a 5 year old pack? That's incredible given the very high probability that the car could've sat for long periods of time fully charged, as is what tends to happen.

If something happens to the car, you could easily get 40-50% of your cost back in the battery alone :lol: .

Ya done good! :cool:

Congrats! I was looking at that car also. I'm located in Long Island NY and almost made the 3 hr drive to go see it. I was on the dealers email list waiting for the price to drop but it never did. I've owned a 2012 imiev since new and just LOVE it!

One note: The range is directly related to the speed you drive at. The RR gauge does a good job recalculating your miles left based on your speed and battery energy remaining. 95% of my driving is at 40 mph or slower and when I recharge to full It has always shown the new RR of 80-90 miles and that is what I end up getting in real miles driven.

This forum is a wealth of info that can't be found anywhere else.
Enjoy your "new/old ride".
Joe

Back