2012 iMiev for sale (Normal, IL): updated price

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarrlett7

We are moving out of state, and our beloved electric Mitsubishi iMiev SE Premium will not work as well as it does where we have been living. Sadly we need to sell it. It is in excellent condition, and we would keep it if our new town had the infrastructure to support it. It runs and drives beautifully.

Options include:
premium audio with the media server and navigation
power locks, windows, mirrors
AC and heat
heated driver's seat
alloy wheels
fog lights
4-Wheel ABS brakes system
quick charge port and standard charge port
110v home charger
remote starter

Mileage: 25,497 miles
Color: black
Condition: excellent

Pictures: https://bn.craigslist.org/cto/d/2012-imiev-for-sale-miev/6288355161.html

Asking price: $6300 obo

Christiana
[email protected]

scarrlett7 said:
It is in excellent condition, and we would keep it if our new town had the infrastructure to support it
If you truly love it, might I suggest you give it a second (or third) thought?

We have two iMiEV's and live in a town with exactly one public L2 charging station, which we have used exactly once in more than 5 years . . . . that was the only time either of our cars has ever recharged anywhere other than in our garage. In 5+ years, we've never once felt like the lack of public charging stations has limited the use of our cars one bit

This is not to say that it would work for everyone, anywhere - You might work 50 or 75 miles from where you'll be living and without public infrastructure, the car might be next to useless for you - But, if that isn't necessarily the case, you might map where you're going to be living, where you'll be working, how far shopping and entertaining will be from your new house and you *might* find the car will still be very adequate for most of your needs. If you bought it new, a $7K sale with only 25K on it could represent quite a loss and maybe one that you don't really need to absorb

As for transporting the car to the new location - Our second car was purchased in Indianapolis and we trailered it 900 miles to Biloxi after we bought it. Where there's a will, there's always a way! :D

If none of the above is applicable in your case, good luck with your sale! - Sounds like a nice car

Don

Thank you for your input!
I really want to keep it, but sadly the responsibilities of my new position and the many unknown factors are too great in order to rely on the limited range.
Perhaps in a few years when buying seems like a better option than renting for our situation, I would definitely come back to the possibility of an electric vehicle.

Best of luck in the future. Sad to hear that the i-MiEV no longer suits your needs, but glad that you offered it here. It should sell rather quickly.

Back