Wanted: Remote + rubber floor mats

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemojc

I have a 2012 model and when purchased did not come with the remote start key fob, looking to buy one used (dealer quoted me 1200 plus install... what install?? The receiver part is in there already). Also looking for some rubber all weather mats, used or even just a place to buy some new, don't care. Had no luck at the dealership or ebay.

I think you meant to say Remote for charging control, and not the pushbutton key fob? $1200 - that's a new record for a dealer quote! :twisted: Sadly, used i-MiEV buyers belatedly discover the thing is missing all-to-often. Sorry, can't help.

As far as the rubber floormats, I simply bought some cheap things and used a pair of scissors to make them fit ... but I do not live in snow or mud country. :roll:

The 'Install' is paying a dealer to program your car to accept the signal from whatever remote you buy - It will only work with the one the car came with and if you buy a used one, it won't work until you pay a dealer to reprogram the car to accept it

If I were you . . . . I would read up on the remote before I decided I can't live without one. Plenty of discussions here about what they do (and don't do) how easy (or not) they are to use, how useful they actually are and then decide if you really need one. I have two laying around here somewhere that we haven't even picked up for several years (no I don't want to sell either of them) because, IMO they are net to useless. *If* you'll need to preheat the car before use in the winter it's worth owning one I guess, but other than that . . . . yours would probably lay around almost as much as ours do

Don

Back