2012 ES with QC upgrade for sale -- $6500 obo

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmaupin

White ES with factory QC upgrade.

Originally sold in May 2013, so still almost 5 years left on 8 year battery warranty.

I bought it for my daughter in April this year and had it shipped from Normal down to San Antonio.

It has the normal surface rust on the bottom one would expect for a car that spent 3 years in Illinois, but no other issues that I know of (and we had it checked by the local dealer right after it was shipped down). Has the original charger and remote.

BUT...

I just got a really good deal on a new 2016, so I'm going to give my daughter my 2014, so the 2012 will be up for grabs. I can sell it in San Antonio, or drive it back to Austin after I drive the 2014 down.

$6500 would make me a really happy camper (bought it for $7K in April, + 800 to get it shipped to Texas).

Thanks,
Pat

Where in IL?

Did you get your 2016 through O'brien Team Normal? See this topic:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2296&p=29088#p29088

Phximiev said:
Where in IL?

I have no idea. I bought the 2012 used over the internet (from O'Brien Team Normal) and had it shipped to Texas. That went quite well, so for the rest of you guys, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy a new car from them that-a-way, if the cost of shipping doesn't make it uncompetitive.

Phximiev said:
Did you get your 2016 through O'brien Team Normal?

No, got it from Roger Beasley Mitsubishi in Austin. I have no idea how real the numbers are for that 7900 (what the small print is), but I can tell you that I now have a contract for this car for 24130 - 8000 = 16130. After TTL, 17515. After 7500 fed credit, 10015. After 2% rebate for putting the 3K deposit on the credit card, 9955. :lol:

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow. AFAICT, it's basically the same as my 2014, but with the cargo package added.

No, didn't sell it. Bought the other...

I bought a silver 2016 that I'm driving.

I swapped my silver 2014 to my daughter for the white 2012 that I had bought for her earlier.

My wife has been driving the 2012 and enjoying it, but just yesterday, I loaned it to a friend whose transmission went out on his 1996 Honda.

I'm actually kind of ambivalent about what to do with it. My wife really likes it, but you won't get very far with two i-MiEVs.

We don't go far all that often, and enterprise rent-a-car is only about 3 blocks away. Then, of course, there's the new chevy coming out in a couple of months.

I'd just keep 3 cars, but judging by the rates, the insurance company seems to think that if two people have three cars, they constantly lend one of them out to their meth-addicted daughter's hot-headed boyfriend.

We've had a few instances where having a couple of i-MiEVs worked as a quick range extender. For example, a couple of weeks ago my wife had offered to take a friend to the airport: she drove south 20 miles and picked up the friend and returned home, swapped cars and then drove the 35 miles up to SFO and plugged in there. They had a leisurely chat over coffee and by then the car then had plenty of charge to get home.

I solved the insurance issue by simply having liability coverage on all my cars (except the Tesla). So far, so good, as the $400 spent on a replacement i-MiEV door is still much less than the total of the collision coverage premiums.

All that makes good sense, Joe.

One other thing I'm wondering about is this: if we keep a gas vehicle, how often do I need to run it?

If you keep non-ethanol gas in it and a trickle charger on the battery you can drive it once every 2 or 3 months and be fine - Been working well for us the past 4+ years

Don

Back