50A Level 2 Deluxe OpenEVSE Waterproof Charging Station

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegasbrad

50A 12kW Level 2 Deluxe OpenEVSE Waterproof Outdoor Charging Station For Sale

I have a Deluxe 50A 9.6kW OpenEVSE for sale with a Custom 52A J1772 25 foot cable using a 70A plug. 50A 3.5ft Monster Power brand power input cable with 14-50 plug and 50A high current contactor. I installed a Volt/Amp meter to show more info. This unit operates at Level 2 on 240volts AC. This is mounted in a PolyCase Polycarbonate Enclosure with Clear Cover - NEMA Rated for outdoor use. This unit requires a 50A 240V circuit with a NEMA 14-50 outlet for full 40A potential. However you can dial it back to whatever you have for a supply like a 30A dryer outlet, see below.

The cost is $506.55 plus $25 for UPS ground shipping in the continental USA.
I offer a 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty on all my EVSE’s

Also available in 40A/32A continuous version $495.55. (input cable and J1772 cable changed, all else the same)

Check out my PDF catalog here for more options:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics EVSE flyer.pdf?dl=0

It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 40A continuously
The EVSE may be set in multiple steps on Level 2.
Level 2: 6-40A in 2A increments with memory
This advertises the available current to the EV which intern draws what it is designed for. You can go into the menu and set it for less if you take the EVSE on the road with you to fit what you may find in the wild. I offer adapters to fit many different outlets.

I can now customize the firmware to whatever values you like before shipping. I chose these values to give the user flexibility for various outlets found in the wild. This unit is constructed with 50A components. It is designed to plug into a 14-50 outlet protected by a 50A circuit breaker. 40A is 80% of 50A and it is the maximum recommended for the homes outlet as a continuous load.

Specs:
OpenEVSE main board
All nuts/bolts/washers are STAINLESS STEEL
The base plate inside is custom cut aluminum
20ft. Custom 52A J1772 “Whip” with 70A high current plug and PET braided sleeving.
Volt/Amp meter
The contactor is a quality Packard 50A 240v unit
The input cable is 50A 3.5ft. 6ga. Monster Power with the popular NEMA 14-50 plug. This is the one all the Tesla guys have installed as well as the standard at RV parks!
You can even use the PlugShare app and set the filters to include NEMA 14-50 and see all of them in the country, there are a surprising number of them.
It has a monochrome blue display
I used a metal blue lighted ring Menu/Select button. With IP65 water resistance rating
Heat shrink tubing used throughout.
All parts are new.

Here is a link to the owner’s manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8trxz34rck2nrxt/OpenEVSE%20users%20guide.pdf?dl=0

If you would like the unit customized with a twist lock plug for example or something other than the NEMA 14-50 plug I can do that for the difference in parts. I also build custom adapters, see my other thread.

If you would like to see it in action on your EV we can arrange that thru private message at my home. Local pickup in Las Vegas near Smith's grocery on East Flamingo. Payment is by PayPal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

I worked hard on a nice PDF featuring some of the EVSE's I build and accessories. Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics EVSE flyer.pdf?dl=0

I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your EVSE. Lead time is only 3 days. Example I can build this one here for the same price and make the Whip longer for under $2/ft up to 50ft. Private message me or if you have a general question you think the rest of the community can benefit from post it here.

Case Specs:
Case measures 7.63 x 4.63 x 3.09 in.
Designed to IP65 of IEC 529 and NEMA 1, 2, 4, 4x, 12 and 13 specifications
Silicone rubber gasket makes this ideal for outdoor use in a wide range of adverse conditions
Molded on surface-mounting flanges
Captive, stainless steel screws thread into brass inserts for cover on/cover off applications
UL Listed to UL508-4x specifications (File E194432)

Main Board Specs:
Open Source - Hardware (Creative Commons 3.0 BY-SA) and Firmware (GNU GPL v3)
Fully supports SAE J1772 Recommended Practice
Software adjustable pilot (6A – 40A)
4W Switch Mode Power Supply Integrated
Built in GFCI with 20ma trip point
Supports all J1772 states including “ventilation required”
Supports Diode check
AC L1 – L2 auto detect Current setting for each (only L2 available on this build)
Ground verification and Stuck Relay detection

Back