Damaged i MiEV for sale...repair or use for conversion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnut1100

We retained the ownership of my wife's i MiEV after it was hit last yea, intending to use the parts for a conversion.
Initial plans were to convert a 1963 Holden EJ, but finding a non rusty one at a reasonable price was proving hard...
Next idea was a W168 Mercedes A Class...
Sadly, life has got in the way. No time, no spare cash, no workshop space and between working as many hours as I can and looking after a new baby there is no way I will get a conversion done in the next year or two.
Someone in Australia will get a sweet deal if they grab this...it has not been placed on a written off vehicle register, and it is repairable. In fact the insurance company would not write it off and instead paid us what they thought the repair would cost and left us with the car.
Alternatively the entire running gear could be easily used in a conversion, or as many parts as you wished...the batteries are in excellent condition, the motor and transmission unit could be driven by an aftermarket controller or the whole wiring harness could be swapped in and used intact.
Repair...they were going to straighten the bent rear chassis rail, but we convinced them to agree to a replacement...difference in cost was around $300. New bumpers and tailgate are required, one shock is ruined, otherwise the rest could be straightened out and reused.
It still drives.

Price is negotiable.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/new-...tric-hatchback-damaged-conversion-/1080784852

carnut1100, sorry to hear you have to abandon your project. If you do sell it to someone who will try for a conversion, please let that person know that we'd be interested in following their progress. All the best to you, and thank you for past contributions.

Sorry to hear about the collision. Will you be getting another i-MiEV?

Yes, definitely point the buyer to this forum. We'd love to follow the progress, not to mention the wealth of information on here (even if it is hard to find).

Back