WTB $5000 MIEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmay635703

I had another in state $5000 MIEV slip through my fingers, this time an SE w/ only a tad north of 5000 miles, it was at a dealership in Lacross so I could have traded my aging Miles ZX40 (another rapidly devaluing EV)

If anyone knows of a cheapy I am probably going to have to travel to get one and now won't wait on the sidelines, it appears the time to refresh my antique EVs is now.

Thanx
Ryan.

Anaheim Preowned Cars in CA looks like they are dumping the prices that they have. They have 8 that are under $8000.

You can gave them shipped to you for probably about $500 depending on from where.

If you can wait out another month I think the price will drop more.

Ebay is not really the best place to buy. Most have a reserve of about $10k.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/2012/Mitsubishi/i/Indianapolis+IN-46205?endYear=2012&makeCode1=MIT&mmt=[MIT[MITI[]][]]&modelCode1=MITI&numRecords=100&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&showcaseOwnerId=0&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2012&Log=0

This is put in for zip code on Indy IN. not sure where you are exactly.

The smallest price is not at the beginning as there are more further on the list where the price is low again.

There are 204 on here today.

Well I missed out on another $5000 MIEV in Minnesota (by all of 1 day)

Odd part is prices are going up, will see how the used market goes after Bolt deliveries start occurring outside cali.

Ah well, anyone have a beater IMIEV they want to unload?

As it is I am looking at a $250 ZX40 ac drive (I already own a 2005 DC ZX40), only issue is I need to transport it and a $900 16.5kw chevy volt battery.

Not sure if I want to diy a 90v lithium pack or not, total cost would be around $1500 after repairs and mods, don't know if I want to chance it though.

Check this topic, the 'Rasberry' might still be available: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2986

I have thought about Bens unit, if he wants another project I would drop off the $250 Miles ZX40 and the volt battery and he could reshell it into his MIEV, he would have to trade dashes, drivetrain (not sure of the MIEV gearing) and make the rest fit.

After paying him per hour I could probably buy a new ELR instead.

Phximiev said:
Check this topic, the 'Rasberry' might still be available: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2986

Rasberry looks nice but its in Arizona :(

Not sure if heat affects the MIEV but it doesn't seem like a good place for a battery car.

I really wish one of the more local places could keep a car long enough for me to get time to pick it up, plus dealers I can get anywhere from $500-$1500 off due to a trade of a more or less valueless car.

And of coarse if I lived in IL, I would get up to $15000 in incentives :(

Ah well.

Don't want to go as low as $5000, at least until I check out the local market, but I have one for sale:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3235

pmaupin said:
Don't want to go as low as $5000, at least until I check out the local market, but I have one for sale:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3235

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/668899158/overview/

If I'm traveling to get a car I might as well go to a dealer and get a few bucks for the wrecked drivable EV I have laying around,
the above link is to an SE with around 10000 miles, it may have QC but I have no use for QC anyway,
(there are 3 other SEs all over the place for the same price, and 2 ES's for the same price)
QC is 10 years off here in central Wisconsin, maybe less if Obamas plan goes through.

I'm still kicking myself I didn't get the almost local Minnesota SE w/ QC, It was white with blue accents and lettering,
they guaranteed a minimum trade of $1000 for any car, that made for a well under $5000 car :(

Paying the same retail to a private party as a dealer is usually a no go for me at least.

So if you have it up for sale for a while... (whatever that is)
I am a guaranteed deal but I have a pretty hard stop on what I will pay in cash.

Sorry
Ryan

I understand completely.

That's a really good price from a dealer, so I'd also double-check that you get the remote and the portable EVSE. IIRC, list price on the EVSE is around $1400, so if it's missing that, yeah, a $7500 car is suddenly a $6000 car.

A few months ago, I actually tried to buy a used one from a used car dealer for around $6K myself, but they weren't interested in either shipping it or selling it for cash. AFAICT, they were just using it for the bait-and-switch upsell -- "You don't really want _that_ one -- what if you have to go out of town?"

Finally, living in Texas, I immediately discount all the black ones I see. Edible black jellybeans are OK; drivable black jellybeans suck.

pmaupin said:
IIRC, list price on the EVSE is around $1400, so if it's missing that, yeah, a $7500 car is suddenly a $6000 car.
That might be the list price, but you can get an equivalent replacement for ~$200.

rmay635703 said:
QC is 10 years off here in central Wisconsin, maybe less if Obamas plan goes through.
We don't have a single QC station within 50 miles of here either, but when we were looking to buy our second one, we didn't even give a thought to buying anything but an SE Premium with QC and all the other goodies - On a used iMiEV, the difference in price between an ES and an SE Premium is only a couple hundred dollars and sometimes not even that much. Buying a car without is bound to turn out to be a mistake in a year or two - Unless you're only planning to keep the car for a year or two, it doesn't make much sense to leave it out just to save a couple hundred bucks. Six months after you make the purchase, a few QC stations will show up right where you would need them most . . . . Murphy's Law :lol:

Don

rmay635703, you first started this post in May of last year. How much have you spent on gasoline in the meantime? Yeah, you might pick up a $5K stripped i-MiEV or get lucky if you keep waiting, but you're sure missing out on the EV grin. Wait a couple of more years and you might get one for <$4K...

I bought my third i-MiEV from a Ford dealer who had no interest in the car whatsoever (he took it as a trade-in) and was thankful I took it off his hands with a minimal amount of haggling - he now even sends me coupons to get a discount on oil changes. :roll:

As far as I'm concerned, CHAdeMO alone merits a $1K premium, a replacement Remote costs $1K, and if the EVSE is missing then that's another $400. That i-MiEV presently on sale elsewhere on this forum is a fair asking price, IMO.

wmcbrine said:
That might be the list price, but you can get an equivalent replacement for ~$200.

For one thing, most of the equivalent replacements I've seen... aren't. The Mitsu one is built like a tank.

For another thing, even if it was equivalent, the Schelling Point for the car sold without the EVSE is not going to be only $200 more than the car sold with the EVSE. Not gonna happen.

JoeS said:
That i-MiEV presently on sale elsewhere on this forum is a fair asking price, IMO.

Thanks, and I hope so. :) It's definitely my goal to have a win-win transaction.

JoeS said:
rmay635703, you first started this post in May of last year. How much have you spent on gasoline in the meantime? Yeah, you might pick up a $5K stripped i-MiEV or get lucky if you keep waiting, but you're sure missing out on the EV grin. Wait a couple of more years and you might get one for <$4K...

That is definitely something to think about, and I can't speak for rmay635703 because I don't know anything about him or his situation, but everybody's situation is different, and there are a lot of reasons why someone might not be able to spend $6500 upfront on a car, even if it would save them money over time.

Back