Lookinng for i-miev for Export to Canada

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky49

I live in Alberta Canada and I am looking for an I-miev for purchase and export to Northern Alberta Canada. I am not interested in a black car or one that has been smoked in, or with a salvage, damage, or flood history. They can't be registered as an imported vehicle. We receive no tax credits or rebates for hybrid or electric cars in our province. I am not able to assume a US lease. WA123e have had 4 hybrid cars and are currently driving a A123 plug in prius conversion. We have no plug in station in our home yet. We are also looking at a Leaf and I am posting the same message on their wanted to buy list. It will be a cash deal.

Rocky 49
Please contact me directly at [email protected]

excellent idea, too bad you missed the one that I sold out of WA state last year and the recent private sale from NY. Used EVs are undervalued in the US due to falling OEM prices, the tax credit situation, and very tempting new lease offers.

Just a suggestion rocky but do you know anyone in Ontario that could buy one for you and get the $8200 tax credit, I've seen a few 2012's at Oakville mitsubishi that are priced at $21k plus tax (%13) and then the rebate is taken off the total $23730-8231=$15499 and that's if you pay the asking price, plus no issues transferring interprovincially!

ndm said:
Just a suggestion rocky but do you know anyone in Ontario that could buy one for you and get the $8200 tax credit, I've seen a few 2012's at Oakville mitsubishi that are priced at $21k plus tax (%13) and then the rebate is taken off the total $23730-8231=$15499 and that's if you pay the asking price, plus no issues transferring interprovincially!

Rocky, I would only consider buying a Canadian model because our I-MiEVs have the cold weather package as standard along with the ChadDeMo DC Fast Charge as standard. While the fast charge is not as critical as the cold weather package, living in Alberta you WILL NEED the cold weather package if you want to be able to drive this car in the winter. Besides, the heater mirrors are real handy in the winter.

There are 10 listed on autotrade.ca

ok thanks for the tip, I have two brothers working in Ontario, and my mom still lives there but she is 95 and in seniors accommodation . I just need to understand how Ontario tax credits work. I could just imagine the car insurance rates for her. However my mom says her father's first car was an Electric, I have seen pictures It was in the TEENs, the 19teens as opposed to the 20 teens.

Was offered a nice one in Austin TX but it is a long way by truck..

I will call dealers in Markham and Oakville this afternoon. I can get it put on a train in Toronto and shipped to Edmonton.

Rocky

Oakville, Brampton, and Erin Mills have no I-Mievs for sale, Markham has 3 all black. Black cars do not cut it at our house. Did it once, never again, especially for a car you don't want to use A/c in unless necessary. Any other hot leads on ones for sale in the GTA area? Otherwise I am back to looking at used ones from NW USA .

Rocky 49

Try peterborough mitsubishi, I know for certain that as of last weekend they had a "2013" on the lot, and from the fact they are still advertising in greenzine magazine (local publication) they plan on carrying the 2014, PS it's white not black!

I started this thread, I guess I should finish it. After 2 or 3 failed deals I have a deposit on a 2012 White SE with navpac and 77 miles coming north from Southern Texas. Canadian deals just kept blowing up. Some e-bay internet auctions were bogus. Too many private auctions that ended with the car being back for sale a week later. In the end total purchase price will be $14,400. US plus shipping, and taxes An almost new car for under $20,,000 by the time I get it home

Rocky (My wife will soon know her mothers day present is no more gas stations! except for potty breaks and coffee stops.)l

Congrats, and sorry to hear of all the trouble! Please let us know if there are any cross-border surprises and how the car works out for you and the missus.

Back