2012 iMiev SE 6100 miles currently

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkontur

I'm selling my 2012 iMiev SE. I purchased this car in September for a 60 mile daily commute. So far I have no complaints...it's a great car. It's just not great for me. The range is exactly like everyone says- I can get 70-80+ miles if I really watch how I drive it. OR- I can get 30 if I have the heat on and speed around town. It's a lot of fun to drive; I'm just tired of freezing to death on my way to work. We aren't allowed to charge personal vehicles at my work, and if I use the heat or AC I won't make it to work and back. Long story short, I'm selling it. I owe $22,000, but as soon as my federal tax returns are deposited I will only owe $14,500. I'm only asking for $15,000. This was a "new" car in September...everything still looks new. There is a small ding on the passenger side door from an unknown object. Hardly noticeable. The color of the car is black. Like I said, it's the SE package with fog lights, NAV system, battery heater, DC quick charger port...and if you don't try to talk me down from that price I will throw in a Leviton portable level 1 charger (Leviton EVC11-300 $500) which cuts down your charge time to 12+- hours. I will post pictures as soon as I wash the car. I'm putting on 65 miles per day driving it to work and back. The odometer showed 6000 over the weekend. Thanks! FYI, I can trade the car in at a local dealership. I'm not desperate to sell it, I just thought I'd try here first. ***Sorry, I didn't post where I'm located*** I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia. It's right between Washington DC and Richmond, Virginia.

Have you thought about installing a combustion heater? You can drive in warmth and not lose range. There are some here that report good results.

jkontur Thanks also for posting it here first. That's a very nice offer and I hope a retiree or other tax-credit-challenged buyer will snap up your car.
The ability to charge at work is critical, especially without CHAdeMO nearby. I watched a number of Microsoft employees grow disillusioned with their bureaucracy and sell off their EVs before 2013 (while MS sponsored an annual EV conference). Now MS has cheap onsite L2 EVSE and the only issue is whether there are enough charging stations! Of course, MS didn't take the easy route and simply put in a bank of L1 outlets, which would have been adequate for the vast majority of commuters.

No, I haven't looked into a combustion heater. To be honest, it's really unnerving to get home with 4-5 miles of range left every single day. In the warmer months I will have 16 or so miles left...but typically I'm left with 1 or 2 bars of energy. That's without using any accessories other than the seat heater. It's just too much to deal with while not being able to enjoy the car. On weekends, LOVE IT. ha ha. I'm cruising around in style blasting the heat and zipping all over the place. :D

jkontur said:
You guys missed out! I ended up letting it go for $10,500.
I'm guessing the forum members 'missed out' because nobody knew where the car was located - Joe asked, but got no reply. Doesn't make much sense advertising it nationally if no one knows where you are.

Personally, I would probably have driven 1,000 miles or so with a truck and trailer to pick up a second iMiEV for $12.5K or so . . . . if I had known where it was and that you would take $12.5K for it . . . .

Don

jkontur said:
You guys missed out! I ended up letting it go for $10,500.

So just curious: What are you replacing it with?
Lots of nice, or at least interesting, economical conventional cars out there at $13,000 -- $16,000 new... less slightly used. If I had to replace our MiEV with a "comparable" ICE car my personal first choice would be a Honda Fit. Maybe wait to end of model year.

Did you consider another EV with more range? If you hold out it's just a matter of time... not very much time.

Alex

Back