USB official sound system input kit, new .. Don't need it

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acensor

After long discussion in other thread about options for inputting sound into the miev audio systemtwo months ago I finally broke down and ordered the official Mitsubishi USB connector kit.

Then procrastinated installing it.

Meantime my daughter in law came over and comings rated to my wife a good FM Bluetooth transmitter, flexsmartX2, which my wife insisted we order one.

Ordered the newer version flexsmartX3.

http://www.amazon.com/FlexSMART-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Technology-Handsfree/dp/B00BMYQTYE

Works very well. Big advantage over the USB input kit is she can use her iPod's or iPad's own native intuitive controls to select music, etc.
It also allows ourbbluetooth phones to work hands free through the EV's sound system.
Has a 3.5mm input plug in you have a device than doesn't do Bluetooth .
And has a USB port for charging devices that accept charge via USB.

We're in an area where the FM band isn't too crowded, so it's a very viable solution for us, anyway.

So I've got a new in box MiEV USB kit for sale. Paid about $125 for it.
Make me any half decent offer plus shipping (I'd suggest USPS first class.. Probably less than $4) and it's yours.. First come.

I'd keep the kit if I were you - If you ever hear full digital music (like you get with a CD or a direct USB connection) side by side with FM modulated music (like you get with a Bluetooth adapter using an FM radio) I predict you'll still go to the trouble of installing your USB kit. It's a shame to begin with fully digital music like you have and then subject it to the very limited frequency response of an FM radio - That loss of fidelity is why automotive CD players were invented

Don

Don said:
I'd keep the kit if I were you - If you ever hear full digital music (like you get with a CD or a direct USB connection) side by side with FM modulated music (like you get with a Bluetooth adapter using an FM radio) I predict you'll still go to the trouble of installing your USB kit. It's a shame to begin with fully digital music like you have and then subject it to the very limited frequency response of an FM radio - That loss of fidelity is why automotive CD players were invented

Don

Ditto! After installing my kit (takes 20 mins or so for first timers) the sound coming off the stick was remarkably clearer than the radio. Loads different! Plus the kit allows for simple phone charging when not in use. I know I can use the cig lighter plug but I don't have that adapter. I just need a USB cord to charge my phone. Highly recommend this upgrade.

Back