Wraps

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvukovich11

My wife loves some of the Mitsubishi I wraps and wish they would offer some of them as a option in the color choices.

Hmm, I can't say I've seen any wraps on the Mitsubishi i-Miev except for this one :D

hello-kitty-05.jpg

myimiev.com said:
they don’t live within 100 miles of surfable waves – and if they do, there’s probably no charging stations installed on the beach.
I don't think they were paying attention when they came through California. Most of the chargers (and EV owners) are near the beach.

Interesting - When you say most EV chargers are by near the beach, do you mean in ocean side towns or in the parking lots right at the beaches?

Up here in Washington we don't have much weather worth going to the beach to enjoy!

While Mitsubishi has now announced the available wraps in the US, they don't hold a candle to the amazing ones they offer for the UK edition of the car.

What's up with that? Why do manufacturers insist on pigeon holing markets? I love the UK ones, but find the US ones dull by comparison.

In any event, looks like one can have custom printed car wraps made fairly cheaply, so we're going to design our own!

I agree that the UK ones look better, but they are definitely more abstract. The US ones are mostly straight lines etc, and then the UK ones look like this:

Mitsubishi i-Miev White Rainforest Wrap
side-white-rainforest.png

Mitsubishi i-Miev Green Dust Wrap
side-white-gustygreen.png

Mitsubishi i-Miev Urban Angst Wrap
side-white-urbanangst.png

I rather like the iWoody wrap (having spent my teenage years in SoCal), especially as up close it looks like circuit-board traces (having a career in SiliconValley).

Suspect that with time it will deteriorate. How hard is it to remove a modern wrap?

How about something small and simple, like eyebrows or eyelashes over the foglamp housing or a small lightning bolt or plug with dangling cord? Anyone have an suggestions for sources for this stuff?

If we get enough cars together for a meet they'll be indistinguishable (that's the problem the Leafs are having).

My wife and I ordered the "I" MIEV back in June of this year. Since the "I" is so fun to drive we thought that the Raspberry Red color would add to the fun, so that's what we ordered. My wife made the comment that it looked like a big grape, so we dedided to nickname the car "THE ELECTRIC GRAPE". I had a graphic designer work up and idea for a fun type of wrap for the car. Below is a picture of the wrap. I know that the color of the car is not correct however the designer has to wait until the car comes in so that he can get the grapes to match the correct paint color of the car. Life is too short not to have fun! :lol:

6584442939_883b7c8893_z.jpg

Dan O, that is awesome! It looks a little cartoonish right now, but once it's on your iMiev (or i or Electric Grape) you definitely have to post some pics of it!

JoeS said:
How about something small and simple, like eyebrows or eyelashes over the foglamp housing or a small lightning bolt or plug with dangling cord? Anyone have an suggestions for sources for this stuff?

I actually do vinyl graphics like the ones you are mentioning, I have doing it for a couple of years. If you have ideas you can post here or PM me a drawing or picture and I can make them from that. I use 6-8 year vinyl all colors and multi-color stickers.

There was talk about something like this on the Nissan leaf forum, they were getting a bunch of stickers made...

If you have Facebook, pull up Shirlie Slack Auto and you can see my i-MiEV! It is raspberry with the white paint splatter. They have pics from every angle.

Last year I was able to find 3M wraps for the i-miev in the US. I was looking specifically at a small one that fit over the charge door. It was a plug inside of a sunburst outline. I can't find it now to order one. Can anyone tell me where to look?

I have just been looking on Ebay and Amazon for "stickers"

I am going for Fun and stickers all over.

Back