Windshield Sunscreen Post Number 7

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillThompsonMIEV

Hello out there. This post number seven. I take delivery of my MIEV on 31 July 2012. One accessory I need is a windshield suncreen or heat shield. A web site at http://www.heatshieldstore.com has them, but the price is a little high ($35 plus shipping of about $12). Anybody have a better source that might be a little less expensive? Web site and or phone number appreciated. Bill Thompson.

WalMart - We've bought them there for all of our cars for the past 20 years or so

This is thread #7 Bill - You have 12 posts (look to the left under your name) and you don't really need to keep track of them ;)

Don

I got the same one as Wee John at a local auto parts store for about $10. But I only got "Jumbo", not "Super Jumbo". If I could do it over again, I'd get "Super Jumbo".

Jenn

Magic Shade 2000 Super Jumbo.
2 piecs that fold up,works great.
$5

Big Lots stores. There are some near you Bill. Well with in range (Price wise and charge distance)

http://www.biglots.com/store-locator

Definitely need one of these. I got the extra large SUV size from a Walmart or a Canadian Tire, its been a few years since I bought it and I used it in three cars that had large windshields. It didn't cost much. Might want to try one of those places.

We use the same Jumbo one we used to have in the car we sold when we bought the i - They overlap enough, though you do have to tuck them up behind the rear view mirror to make them stay there. The Super Jumbo ones look to big (too wide) for the i to me - I'm sure they work OK, but the smaller ones are easier to deal with I'll bet

Down here with the cloudless summer skies and the sun so close to being directly overhead, you need them no matter what car you drive and they sure make a HUGE difference in the amount of power the A/C uses to cool down the i - We crack the front windows about 1/4 inch on each side when we leave the car as well

Don

We used a left over one from the 2009 Lancer we traded in. It is a few inches short on the top but the sun visors make up for that. Otherwise it fits very well.

Ordered a custom designed one that will fit the Miev from the dealer here in San Antonio. Price with tax is $32, the same one as I talked about in this thread at the beginning.

Back