Seat covers

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakine

I needed them because we go beach often. Had them custom made in Pearl City on Oahu. VERY pleased with the result, they were hand cut and sewn. They fit perfectly, are water resistant and look great!
redrear.JPG

redfront.JPG

Super nice!

But, hand cut and sewn? Are you just trying to make us jealous? :mrgreen: We want to be able to run out to the auto parts store and buy the same thing!

Jenn

From those Ebay pictures they looked to have straps. I would be wary. My Matrix went through a number of seat covers and ill fitting ones can be really irritating. I am sure any major city has a place making seat covers with a talented Mama-san seamstress, measure your seats, come back in 5 hours. I should take closeups, the fit and attention to detail is worth the cost.

I just received some seat covers made specifically for the c zero. You might have to check if the iMiev seats, specially for US markets are the same.

The manufacturer is www.bancarel.com

The code of the product is 0P00021X

With air bag compatibility and pockets at the back of front seats.

Here is also the bar code number, i will post pictures when all is in place.

3 392264 453560

I orderdered the "Alcan" fabric. The pictures on the site look s little bit more like Alcantara than the actual covers. It is not bad at all and definitely an improvement on the black dotted original seats butvery slightly cheaper looking than an Alcantara you would have in a high level car.

Good news is that it is machine washable which is a great plus for this family runner little car.

Llecentaur said:
I just received some seat covers made specifically for the c zero. You might have to check if the iMiev seats, specially for US markets are the same.
Does anyone know whether the North American i-MiEV seats are the same as the seats in the EU version and its cousins?

Llecentaur said:
With air bag compatibility and pockets at the back of front seats.
With airbags inside the sides of our seats, it's important that any seat cover be designed to open up to let the airbag inflate properly. I have always installed seat covers on my cars in our warm humid climate where I usually wear shorts when I drive (think: sweaty bare thighs being wiped on the seats repeatedly :) Cloth seat covers eventually become discolored, so it's nice to be able to remove and wash the seat covers. This isn't possible with the OEM seat covers, so I would really like to find a set of removable, washable seat covers designed for side airbags.

In addition to being careful to select covers compatible with side airbags, the problem I found with aftermarket seat covers is that they rely on straps going through the crack between the seat and seatback. On the iMiEV this is solid fabric and I haven't brought myself to cutting through this material.

No need to cut that part, it can be removed. The fabric is held with a flat hook that holds onto the springs below rather in the front of the seat.

No worries about airbags, the sides ar held with a velcro seam. Much neater than what I had feared when I first saw it.

I just called Wet Okole (888-246-5653) to request that they make seat covers for our i-MiEV's. They make custom seat covers for cars with side airbags in their front seats but do not make custom seat covers for our i-MiEV's because they do not have a pattern. I was told that they would consider making a pattern if someone would stop by their Costa Mesa, CA, office with his/her i-MiEV. If I was in southern California, I'd volunteer. It would be nice to have a set of seat covers that would allow the side airbags to deploy, could be washed periodically, and that would protect our OEM seat covers. Is one of you willing to perform this service for our community?

Any word on whether the seats in Europe match the US i-Miev? (I'm not sure how to go about ordering the covers if they do, but it'd be good to know…)

No one volunteered to take his car to Wet Okole, so that seat cover source still doesn't exist.

I finally gave up and bought some cheap universal seat covers for the front seats only. They don't look great, but they do protect the OEM seat covers from my sweaty body here in warm Honolulu and can be removed and laundered when necessary. Our back seats are almost always folded down, so I don't really need back seat covers.

If you send me in cm some measurement of US seat, I can try and compare to mine.

My gut feeling is that the seats are the same, just the body was made wider and bumpers longer.

77.5 mi, 1 hour 14 mins

In current traffic: 1 hour 14 mins

Ok. They are 77.5 mile from me. I think I can make it.
if we have enough interest in the group and we can get a group price. I will drive there for the group.

Anyone interested in buying?

alohart said:
I just called Wet Okole (888-246-5653) to request that they make seat covers for our i-MiEV's. They make custom seat covers for cars with side airbags in their front seats but do not make custom seat covers for our i-MiEV's because they do not have a pattern. I was told that they would consider making a pattern if someone would stop by their Costa Mesa, CA, office with his/her i-MiEV. If I was in southern California, I'd volunteer. It would be nice to have a set of seat covers that would allow the side airbags to deploy, could be washed periodically, and that would protect our OEM seat covers. Is one of you willing to perform this service for our community?

camiev said:
They are 77.5 mile from me. I think I can make it.
But could you get back? :lol:

camiev said:
if we have enough interest in the group and we can get a group price. I will drive there for the group.
I suggest contacting Wet Okole prior to going to find out whether they would offer a group discount. It would be nice for Wet Okole to have an i-MiEV pattern so that any i-MiEV owner could order a set of seat covers. You might be able to get a discount by offering your i-MiEV for pattern-making and maybe even trial fitting.

camiev said:
Anyone interested in buying?
I am not as interested as I once was because I have already purchased some generic seat covers that are "good enough" for now. But I might be interested in the future.

I have a proposal,

When one of the forum members makes an effort that can serve the community but that effort might need money or incentive, why don't the ones interested donate each say 10 USD or so, just to get the ball rolling.

By the way if you have custom seat covers made, do ask if they will integrate a small pocket below the knee and one behind the back rest. The i really needs such small spaces.

Llecentaur said:
By the way if you have custom seat covers made, do ask if they will integrate a small pocket below the knee and one behind the back rest. The i really needs such small spaces.
This made me wonder - in North America, i's do have a pocket on the back of both driver and passenger seats (I stow the owner's manual behind the passenger seat, freeing up much needed glove compartment space). Is that not the case in the "rest of the world" i-MiEVs?

In any case, I see that Wet Okole does offer optional seat back pockets. Interestingly, they also offer an optional integrated seat heater, a serious plus for our unheated passenger seats (assuming they'll offer that feature in our pattern).

dakine said:
I needed them because we go beach often. Had them custom made in Pearl City on Oahu. VERY pleased with the result, they were hand cut and sewn. They fit perfectly, are water resistant and look great!

These are nice! May I ask how much did they charge? I'd be interested in getting a set. Mahalo!

Back