Bike Carrier

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bike carrier/rack. Works fine, carried one adult and one smaller bike well. Little worried about the support that touches the rear glass but seems okay. $90 USD.

bikerack1.JPG

bikerack2.JPG

bikerack3.JPG

bikerack4.JPG

Has anyone found a bike rack that will fit the hatchback? I really don't want to go with the hitch rack. thanks! Bob

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. As you can see, I moved your post into this already-existing thread, and hope this provides you with at least one solution. Also, if you don't need the back seat, taking off the front wheel allows the bicycle to easily fit back there.

Or should I say i-bike? This new release may just be the i-MiEV of bicycledom. Mini size with huge capabilities, and with that 500 Watt motor, performance must be very peppy. Most foldables appear fragile, uncomfortable, or impractical for daily use (though I know Joe and many other sailors swear by 'em). This one has a certain spunky appeal and would certainly fit easily in the car, perhaps with the rear seat up.
Disclaimer- I know some employees there but had no idea this was coming out or any financial interest.

http://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radmini-electric-folding-fat-bike?variant=17586850561

We use a pair of DaHon Mariner 7 speed 20" bikes on the boat - They're 95% aluminum and stainless so they hold up pretty well. They weigh about 26 pounds each which is about all we feel comfortable loading in and out of the dingy

I've looked into several folding E-bikes in the past - Some very high tech ones have been around for several years now in the $1K to $1250 range but they all were near 50 pounds each which just wouldn't work for us - We'd be finding excuses NOT to tote the ashore because of their weight/bulk

They don't say what this $1500 one weighs, but since they want $175 to ship it, I'll bet it's not light

Edit: - Their website says it weighs 60.8 pounds. They're all aluminum and stainless too - High quality materials and components throughout. Probably well worth the $1500 price tag . . . . if only it wasn't so heavy

Don

If you can find one, the iZip Compact eBike weighs 42 lbs., and I've proven that it'll fit in the back of the i-MiEV without folding the seats down. Also rolls on the wheels when folded.

Nice bike with plenty of power for a 250 watt motor (easily keeps up with the larger 500 watt eBikes).

That's an electrified, single speed rebadged DaHon. I like the 42 pounds, but couldn't live with the single speed

Don

I bet that the NuVinci rear wheel from the Dahon M360 could be put on the Compact, given that the front wheel is the one with the motor. Then you have infinite gearing :lol: .

Back