New Logos

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jennrod12 said:
Looks great, John,

You should show a side pick so we can check out the tinted windows, too!

Jenn

Finally got to wash the car for a picture op.

9289460_orig.jpg

2979457_orig.jpg

jray3 said:
Too bad about those ugly stickers on the rear fender...
;)
You gonna lower or 'bag' the car?

They are ugly, but they will be coming off in a 1½ years.

I never even thought about lowering it an inch or so. Hmmmm

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the wheel covers, whether I should make them black or what.

I was thinking of using vinyl, so it can be removed rather than painting them. I'm just stuck on what I want to do for a design.

Wee John said:
jray3 said:
Too bad about those ugly stickers on the rear fender...
;)

Thanks to jray3 for pointing this out, I covered them with window tint.

Have you named the car? Maybe "HOV under cover of darkness"
:cool:
Here's hoping you don't pique a CHiP's curiosity!

On lowering- it's nice that the front apron doesn't scrape parking barriers like so many other modern cars, but it's high stance does contribute to it's cartoonish character. If the rear suspension can be lowered AND softened up a bit, I'd be sold (often a mutually exclusive proposition, but anything is possible with airbags, eh?).

I'd be worried about covering those HOV stickers! Especially because it will be hard to tell if they are white stickers or green stickers or the now useless yellow stickers. Not sure I'd want to be attracting extra CHP attention when going 83 mph.... :mrgreen:

Jenn

jray3 said:
Have you named the car? Maybe "HOV under cover of darkness"
:cool:
Here's hoping you don't pique a CHiP's curiosity!

On lowering- it's nice that the front apron doesn't scrape parking barriers like so many other modern cars, but it's high stance does contribute to it's cartoonish character. If the rear suspension can be lowered AND softened up a bit, I'd be sold (often a mutually exclusive proposition, but anything is possible with airbags, eh?).

No name yet and airbags do sound like a project to come. As for the parking barriers, the car is so short we don't need to park near them.

jennrod12 said:
I'd be worried about covering those HOV stickers! Especially because it will be hard to tell if they are white stickers or green stickers or the now useless yellow stickers. Not sure I'd want to be attracting extra CHP attention when going 83 mph.... :mrgreen:

Jenn

As for the CHiPs, that is the only reason I have my front plate on the car, so I don't easily attract attention. We'll see how long it takes for my fixit ticket. 83MPH, are you crazy, that was on a race track and it also shows just how much power is still available on our little cars.

jennrod12 said:
Yes - make them black! :cool:

If you do, how are you going to do it? I've been thinking about coloring ours, too.

Jenn

I used vinyl to color the covers red on my car.

i-MiEV+red+wheels.jpg

My wife and I have a sign shop to the material was the easy part. The wrapping took a while.

Back