Cargo Cover?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freqflyer

Has anybody found a cargo cover for the Miev? It would help cover the items in the back of the car.

Thanks.

Jeff

freqflyer, although not answering your question, here's what I do: with the rear seats pushed upright, two Rubbermaid Roughneck boxes (one 18gal tall one and one 14gal slightly less tall to avoid handle interference) fit in there nice and snugly and still leave some floorspace in the aft end between the boxes and the rear hatch. These containers don't move around and are great for storing headrests and groceries and keeping stuff contained. Although I don't use it, a lid on top of each box would keep out prying eyes.

Joe,

Great idea, I'm about to run out to the garage and put an unused rubbermaid container in there now! As for what we did about a cargo cover, we tinted the back windows at 5% (the darkest you can get, I believe). :ugeek:

Jenn

Hi Jenn. Interesting idea to tint the rear window. What about the heat from the rear-window defroster?
One Rubbermaid container won't do it, as it will move around. I don't know about you, but I NEVER carry any loose item in the car and with my driving a single container would simply fly all over the place (remember my winding road). Also, two containers of the same size won't fit due to handle interference... :geek:

Hi Joe,

I haven't had to use the defroster yet, but I got my volvo wagon tinted at the same place 10 years ago and it has held up perfectly, no issues.

Jenn

In case someone is interested, in lieu of a cargo cover here's a photo of the two boxes:

MitsiBoxes.jpg

Since I'm averse to anything loose moving around in the car, these boxes stay locked into position fairly tightly, with the aft seatbacks vertical. Great for storing headrests, groceries, etc., with room left to put something down between the boxes and rear hatch if needbe. Lids can be put on to further thwart prying eyes.

MitsiBoxes.jpg

haha this is great I have to purchase this. I went to the wet market last night and something got spilled. it smells bad... I even thought I clean already. til now it smells bad :/

Back