Rear speaker - official mitsubishi part number needed

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montybazbaz

I've got a czero and want to try and fit rear speakers. The wiring is there, and having been led down a blind alley with other aftermarket speakers, and also hearing good things about the official imiev rear speakers, I wonder if anyone knows the official part number for these for an easy and quick modification.

This is guesswork, but if the front speakers are the same as the rears, then there's some part numbers for the fronts here:

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Mitsubishi&ssd=%24HQARW1d0AwEGA0g0JTphRwdRfUlWVAdRWA%24&vid=6357&cid=4&uid=171830

I *think* they are the same

Our North American SE model came with all 4 speakers. One of my first 'improvements' was to buy a set of aftermarket speakers and install them - Always improved the sound of every other car I've owned. The new aftermarket speakers sounded much worse than the OEM speakers, so I took them back. The mounting system Mitsu uses for the speakers is very ingenious. If I needed to buy rear speakers, I agree that buying the OEM ones is the way to go. Installation will be VERY simple

Don

In the I-MiEV, the front speakers and rear speakers are the same size and will interchange. However, the front speakers are "2 way" with a small coaxial tweeter in the center. The rears do not have the coaxial tweeter. I know they fit in either location because I took the fronts out of the wrecked I-MiEV and put them in the rear of the "keeper" I-MiEV. That being said this was a US model I-MiEV, things might be different in the rest of the world. Maybe the narrower car has to use thinner speakers :lol: !

If you want to further improve the sound quality, the Newsmy NU-3001 Android head unit has an awesome digital amplifier, and when combined with Rocket Player and music ripped from CD in .FLAC format, you get some great low end and the tweeters on the dash come alive.

Besides the door panels rattling, the i-MiEV sounds as good as my home system.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Mitsubishi&ssd=%24HQARW1d0AAIKDUg0JS5dYWRge2VwXV5VWA%24&vid=5099&cid=4&uid=124621

Part number 8720A147, front 15 watt speaker, $72.87 each. (same as linked above by misterbleepy), so same speakers for both EU and NA cars. Expensive, but these do sound good and have plenty of volume (I have the ES, which has these 15 watt speakers).

The radio in the car definitely makes a difference. The stock ES radio in the NA cars is pretty good. Replacing it with a single-DIN Pioneer radio sounded worse, and the NU-3001 head unit sounds better. These were all in the same car with the same speakers. It could be that the clones use cheaper radios, and that's why there are complaints about the iOn/C-Zero sound system.

Back