Foot Warmer Heated Pad

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea!

That could be run off a small inverter (150 watts or so) plugged into the accessory outlet

Don

I was thinking that would those 12V seat heater pads mean to be installed permanently inside the seat work in the floor. Remove the carpet, perhaps add some insulation below the pad, install pad and replace carpet on top. Would they have enough power to made a different in the footwell? Or would it be easier to get a 12V 200W blower, directled down there...

jsantala said:
I was thinking that would those 12V seat heater pads mean to be installed permanently inside the seat work in the floor. Remove the carpet, perhaps add some insulation below the pad, install pad and replace carpet on top. Would they have enough power to made a different in the footwell? Or would it be easier to get a 12V 200W blower, directled down there...

I'm focussing on an Infrared approach, Think parking your feet in the sun no matter what the weather. Lowest power for the best results, but not an off the shelf solution :(

Aerowhatt

Aerowhatt said:
I'm focussing on an Infrared approach...
If you Google "12v infrared heater" you get an incredible assortment of weird stuff, especially on Alibaba. For just about any power-drawing product I would not use our 12v convenience outlet but would instead run a separate fused high-current 12v line, and I happen to like the small Anderson PowerPole connectors for that.

Infrared could work. It does on the balcony. I've actually started wondering why it's not used inside as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to heat up the people in front of the TV instead of warming everything else...

it's $26+shipping on Amazon, I think it's the same one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Products-FW-Warmer-Warming/dp/B000079896/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454042726&sr=8-1&keywords=foot+warmer+heating+mat

I wonder if anyone had looked at pet heating pads, like the electric ones listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apet%20heating%20pads

Back