That annoying dinging sound when you open a door when the key is in the switch!
[edit: added pictures here, leg-slicer
Sometimes i have to load or unload with the doors open for extended time, and i want to leave the key in the ignition (so i know where it is and don't have to look for it), and i want the radio on to hear music while i work, and i'm getting sick and tired of hearing that constant dinging .
1. Remove two philips head screws holding lower knee panel to get it out of the way.
2. Bonus (US version) step: remove the two razor-sharp unpainted steel knee-cutter brackets using deep-well 12mm socket (removes 6 lbs of dangerous weight that would slice your legs open in a wreck). [aka anti-submarine brackets]
EDIT: i was removing the glovebox to get to the air filter to clean it, and noticed that there is a pair of knee-cutters for the passenger as well--removed 2 more lbs of useless weight...
3. Remove the two ph screws from the lower steering column cover, pry the cover loose starting at the key switch and swing the cover down and off.
4. Remove the two small ph screws holding the small plastic block to the front rim of the key switch at about the 2:00 position. The block has two green wires attached and a tiny plastic button. Press the plastic button to hear the annoying thing. Replace the screws in the lock rim.
5. Replace the covers and screws, enjoy peace and quiet with the doors open and key in the switch.