Small Stuff Holders (Distinguished from Cup Holders)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
Thought I'd start a new thread specifically for 'small stuff' holders Although we have a number of center-armrest threads, this topic has been occasionally touched upon in the past. For example,
PV1 said:
I went to WalMart and picked up a $5 Bell changeholder. It fits quite nice in the center cupholder. It also has a cavity in the bottom piece, which is great for pennies, an EVSE lock, and the paper clip programming tool (for those with the EVSEUpgrade). The only downside is you lose a cupholder. In the center pocket, I have a tin of Altoids, a pen, my sunglasses, and a quarter holder (street parking in Pittsburgh is $3/hour, IN QUARTERS!). It all fits perfectly.
Not wishing to sacrifice that center cupholder, I found a gray plastic tray (cutlery?) and secured it with a small piece of Velcro™ to the flat plastic base underneath. Great for glasses, pen, and maybe even change if a smaller tray is put inside this one. Unobtrusive.

MitsiEyeglassHolder.jpg

Oh nice idea. I use the door pocket for trash, so not a good place for me but .... did you add extra stickiness to the bottom of the Velcro so it doesn't come off ?

I wonder if there is a different bottom piece for the center.
One that allows you to keep the center brake but add a true console as ONE piece ?
And, dreaming here, makes a new P,R,N,D,ECO,B section so I can READ it on the left side of the shifter !
Maybe even have it go further forward and have another pocket in front of the shifter to the square pocket that is already there ?

I know, I am dreaming.... but I am actively thinking of what car would have the same features that I can steal from a Junk yard !

tigger19687 said:
.... did you add extra stickiness to the bottom of the Velcro so it doesn't come off ?
I used sticky-backed Velcro™ on both the the underside of the tray (hooks) and the plastic plate (loops). Only a small piece (1sqin) of Velcro™ is needed as everything is light.
tigger19687 said:
I wonder if there is a different bottom piece for the center.
One that allows you to keep the center brake but add a true console as ONE piece ?
Nothing OEM. A walk through a junkyard might yield something...
tigger19687 said:
And, dreaming here, makes a new P,R,N,D,ECO,B section so I can READ it on the left side of the shifter !
Often discussed in the past. The shifter positions are also shown on the fuel gauge display. After 3-1/2 years, I still find 'R' difficult to engage quickly.
tigger19687 said:
Maybe even have it go further forward and have another pocket in front of the shifter to the square pocket that is already there ?
I've been looking at that 'wasted' volume as well - let us know if you come up with something.

Back