i-MiEV Tablet Mounts

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
When I took my long-distance DCQC trip last Christmas, I was juggling my iPad with PlugShare and the Android tablet with Canion. Not safe while driving.

So I then decided to mount the things, and included the dashcam, in addition to my unobtrusive existing Garmin GPS. The iPad is held by a RAM Mount (too expensive IMO) with the support bar clamped onto the passenger seat left front bolt. The Android tablet mount uses an Arkon SM632 Handlebar Mount clamped onto that support bar. The dashcam is secured to a plastic tube coming up from an insert in the passenger's drink holder that I had lying around.

MittiAndroidiPadDashCam.jpg

Well, I then realized that if the passenger's airbag goes off, that could get ugly. So i cut down the support bar, did away with the iPad, and relocated the dashcam. The dashcam and gps are held on with Velcro™.

MittiAndroidDashCam.jpg

I don't use the built-in Mitsu GPS, but instead use the older Garmin GPS because of its 'instrument panel' display (they've since deleted this screen on newer GPS models). Especially useful as it shows the distance to destination in large numerics which is great for comparing with RR.

Having CaniOn visible all the time now gives even more feedback as to how efficiently one is driving - especially useful on longer trips, where the goal is to keep under 100Wh/km.

I'll need to use the iPad on longer trips, so still need to secure it somehow..

And to think that I rant about all the unnecessary gadgetry on modern cars… :roll:

Back