Touch-Up Paint

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
My flawless new used i-MiEV somehow acquired a small scratch, so I'm looking for some touch-up paint. The local Mitsu dealer (25-miles away) does not have it in stock. In case anyone is interested, as the parts person had to do quite a bit of legwork to verify this applied to the i-MiEV -
Mitsubishi i-MiEV Diamond White
Color Code W13
Mitsubishi part number MZ313374
$19.43 from the dealer

So I thought I'd do some online searching. Found this online Mitsubishi discount parts outfit:
http://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...tID=785865&siteid=214581&catalogid=5507&tab=1
$9.71
but they wanted $15.50 for shipping this little paint pen, after I went through the trouble of signing up. :evil:

Will stop by my (now very rarely-visited) local auto parts store to see what they have...

Maybe we can use this thread to list other colors and perhaps their equivalent industry-standard cross-references?

Well, the closest O'Reilly's Auto Parts could come, selecting Dupli-Color Perfect Match Bright White supposedly Mitsubishi-compatible (but not specifically Diamond White), was their part number BCC0362. So I bought it and tried it and it's not a very close match to our sparkly white :cry:, but at least it's better than the black underlayer. Oh, well, the first scratch is always the hardest, and time to move on...

Maybe you should clean it really well and then get a new EV sticker to put over it :)
Maybe a cord looking one like I have seen before.
But I guess it depends on where the scratch is.

OR, if you don't want something permanent you can get a magnet of something :)
I think that is what I want to do with mine. magnets of stuff.

Back